A young Ghanaian agricultural entrepreneur, Florence Tomazia Cossou, has been nominated for an international award. The award ceremony, to be organised by FOYA Awards, is expected to take place in Nairobi, Kenya at the end of June.
FOYA Awards is an annual awards ceremony launched in November 2016. It was conceived to serve the strategic objective of retaining, rewarding and recognizing high quality SMEs in Africa.
Florence Tomazia Cossou, CEO of Mazia Co Enterprise, an agricultural packaging enterprise, was nominated in the Agripreneur category along dozens of participants from Kenya, Nigeria, Uganda, Rwanda, Zambia, Tanzania and South Africa.
Currently, Mazia Co Enterprise produces and markets brands such as Mazia honey, Mazia tea and Mazia Dried Foods. These products have been approved by the national regulatory body- Food and Drugs Authority.
The company, in the last few months, has been exporting some of the products to the European market.
In an interview with myjoyonline.com, Florence said her nomination was based on the excellent packaging and superior taste of the products.
Florence said she believes in perfection and therefore, does not compromise on quality in her business.
The nominee who is a native of Keta, disclosed that she will open an outlet in the Volta Region to train young women for them to become employable. This will be her contribution to reduce poverty in the region.
The Agriprereneur nominee, who is a beneficiary of the Agrihouse Foundation’s Women in Agriculture training programmes, praised management of the organization .
- Supreme Court ‘cautions and discharges’ NDC’s Kpessa Whyte after convicting him for contempt
- Prof Gyampo slams Akufo-Addo over presidency’s request for CVs of senior EC officials
- Nigeria: Hilton Hotel owner, two workers sentenced to death for murder of student
- Bawumia picks NPP flagbearer nomination form
- AFCON 2023Q: Nuamah included, Sowah dropped as Hughton names Ghana squad to face Madagascar
- Parliament writes to EC, declares Assin North seat vacant
- 2023 U23 AFCON: Kamaldeen Sulemana to be called up to Black Meteors squad for tournament
- Essipong: The Decaying Sports Stadium
- Fire burns Madina-Ritz junction again
- Gomoa Okyereko accident: Man narrates how his family of 6 survived horrific crash
- Rampaging youth destroy property in Obuasi over detention of illegal miners
- Our African operations are profitable, contribute 50% to Group earnings says UBA Africa CEO
- David K. Awusi: Let’s stop the stigma to end adolescent pregnancy and reduce maternal mortality
- NYA urges youth in private sector to adopt modern trends of doing business
- Fixed investment to grow at a low 1.3% in 2023 – Fitch Solutions
- Canoe and Fishing Gear Owners Association of Ghana builds capacity of fisherfolks
- Prof. Ama Ata Aidoo passes on aged 81
- Trust Sports Emporium reiterates desire to support lesser-funded sports
- We’ll ensure Kpessa Whyte propagates integrity of the court – Law School Director
- MTN holds AGM, declares dividend of 12.4 pesewas per share
- Hohoe to host 44th NDC June 4 uprising anniversary
- NPP opens nomination for Assin North Constituency by-election
- President Tinubu tells Nigerians to stop panic-buying fuel
- Kwaku Antwi-Boasiako: Potholemics (The Economics of Potholes)
- South Africa to change law to stop arrest of Putin