President Akufo-Addo says the country is lucky to have him as President, amidst the prevailing economic challenges.
According to him, even though there are existing difficulties, his regime is the best thing that could have happened to Ghanaians.
The President made these remarks during his recently ended tour of the Upper West and Savannah regions.
“You are lucky you have me as the President of Ghana”, he remarked.
Addressing a gathering of chiefs and people in the Yapei-Kusawgu District, he also berated the National Democratic Congress (NDC) for failing to spearhead development in the area.
In his submissions, he expressed disappointment in the opposition NDC for doing little for the community, despite having represented them in Parliament for many years.
On that note, he pledged the commitment of his government to dealing with the litany of problems, which the chiefs of the area drew to his attention.
“What this tells me is that the 8 elections conducted in Ghana since 1992 have always gone to the National Democratic Congress and yet when I come here, I hear all of these demands.
The young man who for a long time was Deputy Minister of power, 17 communities in his district still have not been connected to electricity grid”, he noted.
Akufo-Addo continued, “But Yagbonwura, you are lucky, you have me as the President of Ghana. I’m going to do it for you”.
His comments add to the scores of assurances from government in the wake of the dire economic situation.
Ghana is currently reeling under severe economic pressure with the country’s economic indicators weakening by the day.
As of now, the country’s currency, the Ghana Cedi, is consistently depreciating against the dollar, with persistent increments in fuel prices and cost of living.
But government however maintains that, it is working assiduously to deal with these issues in order to put the economy on a sound footing.
- Dr Addo-Kufuor dismisses claims of being 3rd richest man in Ghana
- Desist from registering JHS 1 and 2 students for BECE – Public school heads warned
- Bob Menendez steps down as US Senate foreign relations chairman after indictment
- MohBad mourners teargassed at Nigeria’s Lekki toll gate after Lagos concert
- Ethiopian Prince Alemayehu’s lock of hair returned after 140 years in UK
- US senator Bob Menendez charged with bribery after wads of cash and gold bars found at home
- GPL 2023/24: Bofoakwa Tano score late to beat RTU at home
- Sudan war: Army chief Burhan claims he’s ready for peace talks
- Livestream: Newsfile discusses #OccupyJulorbiHouse protest and OSP-Cecilia saga
- Former Bantama MP, Okyem Aboagye dead
- Mahama Ayariga condemns killing of 9 in highway ambush at Pusiga
- Inaki Williams scores and assists as Athletic Bilbao beat Alaves
- #OccupyJulorbiHouse: BBC News journalist who was arrested by police speaks up
- Modern Floors products to be available in Northern Ghana soon – CEO
- I hate Manchester United because they made Sammy Kuffour cry – Gifty Oware-Mensah