YouTube has suspended musician Diamond Platnumz’s account.
The American-owned social media platform announced the account, which has about 7 million subscribers, was suspended for violating Community Guidelines.
Up until the suspension, Diamond had 174 videos and millions of views.
The account had also raked in millions of shillings in payments through views and royalties.
Born Naseeb Abdul Juma, Diamond’s YouTube channel was among the most popular channels in Africa.
Known for his Swahili love songs, Diamond used to market his songs and brand through the channel.
Having released his ‘First of All’ album barely a month ago, the boy from Tandale is considered influential among his fans.
Over the years, Diamond has maintained a steady audience having released his first album in 2010.
Acknowledged and celebrated through the numerous awards he has received, Diamond tops as a businessman having a radio and television station.
In the 2021 list of African artists whose YouTube pages have the most views Diamond became number three.
The Bongo star, known for hits such as Naanzaje and Waah which he sang alongside Congolese maestro Koffi Olomide, has also attracted controversy, and especially for his inability to sustain a romantic relationship.
- Court of Appeal Judge to be investigated for ‘suspicious ruling’
- Ras Nene confronts Achimota Mall security for stopping his team from filming
- Ghana returns to gold top spot as output jumps 32%
- Gold for Oil policy cornering BDCs – Dr. Ofori
- The Multimedia Group’s Lead Camera Technician, Modestus Zame laid to rest
- Tourists watch Russian man get devoured by shark on Egypt beach
- 2022/23 GPL final day: Medeama and Bechem title tug of war, Hearts of Oak’s relegation threat
- Playback: Burial service of The Multimedia Group’s Lead Camera Technician Modestus Zame
- Minority warns against turning Green Ghana Day events into corruption schemes
- ‘Spiritualist’ on trial for allegedly defrauding client of GHȼ85,000
- Vice President Bawumia has never held British or any other citizenship – Gideon Boako
- Life lounge with Edem Knight-Tay: Only because she is a woman
- I’ve been forced out over Partygate report – Boris Johnson
- 2023 AFCONQ: Chris Hughton replaces injured Alexander Djiku with Kasim Adams
- Media Coalition Against Galamsey frustrated at non-prosecution of Akonta Mining directors
- ISSER recommends adoption of electric vehicles to achieve a low-carbon transport sector
- Prof Frimpong Boateng is a role model for fighting ‘galamsey’, follow his examples – German Ambassador urges Ghanaians
- Special Prosecutor is guest on Newsfile on Saturday, June 10
- Unemployment in Ghana is highest among female youth – ISSER report reveals alarming disparities
- GrEEn project plants 2,000 trees in Ashanti and Western regions
- Asantehene leads tree planting in Kumasi as part of Green Ghana Day initiative
- Johnnie Walker Black Label and Red Label ‘step out of boxes’
- Sankalp West Africa Summit 2023 on entrepreneurship slated for June 12
- French Open 2023: Novak Djokovic through to final after Carlos Alcaraz injury
- Man Utd owners spoke to PSG chairman about Sheikh Jassim bin Hamad Al Thani’s bid