In an effort to boost trade and support SMEs to expand to global markets, Zenith Bank Ghana in partnership with the World Trade Centre, Accra and Alibaba.com has trained a little over 250 Small and Micro Enterprises (SMEs) through ‘The Alibaba Global Seller Training E-Course Masterclass’’.
The training provided local sellers with practical tools on how to leverage digital marketing channels such as Alibaba.com in promoting products.
It also exposed sellers to an in-depth insight on the export market as well as teach them how to position themselves to seize opportunities to maximize profits.
The programme which highlighted the advantages of signing on to Alibaba.com, saw the SMES engage experts from Alibaba.com, Ghana Export Promotion Authority and Zenith Bank.
Some of the participants who spoke to Joy Business expressed excitement and called for more of such trainings to deepen their knowledge.
Chief Executive Officer of Delse Shop, Selasi Dzikunu, who participated in the training called for support from the Ghana Export Promotion Authority to list more SMEs on Alibaba.com.
“This programme will give us the opportunity to explore global markets. The only request will be that small businesses will be supported by GEPA to roll on to such global platforms. “
Commenting on the importance of such trainings, John Jaoudeh, CEO of Pacific Clothing urged Zenith Bank Ghana to replicate such trainings across the country to enable SMEs in other regions benefit from the training.
He however called on Zenith Bank to liaise with Alibaba.com to device financial packages which will make it easy for small businesses to be listed on the platform.
On the expansion of local businesses to other markets, CEO of Made By Radw, Ewuradwoa Ahwoi, echoed the need for Ghanaian SMEs to leverage on digital platforms like Alibaba.com to expand to other markets.
Speaking at the closing session of the training, Head, Retail Banking at Zenith Bank, Gloria Cabutey-Adodoadji reiterated the bank’s commitment to supporting Ghanaian SMEs seize opportunities on the global market.
“Small business owners know what it takes to get access to finance. We are providing them with training and advisory support.”
The Alibaba Global Seller Training E-Course Masterclass’’ is powered by Zenith Bank Ghana in partnership with the World Trade Centre, Accra and Alibaba.com and the Ghana Export Promotion Authority.
- Court of Appeal Judge to be investigated for ‘suspicious ruling’
- Ras Nene confronts Achimota Mall security for stopping his team from filming
- Ghana returns to gold top spot as output jumps 32%
- Gold for Oil policy cornering BDCs – Dr. Ofori
- Tourists watch Russian man get devoured by shark on Egypt beach
- The Multimedia Group’s Lead Camera Technician, Modestus Zame laid to rest
- 2022/23 GPL final day: Medeama and Bechem title tug of war, Hearts of Oak’s relegation threat
- Playback: Burial service of The Multimedia Group’s Lead Camera Technician Modestus Zame
- Minority warns against turning Green Ghana Day events into corruption schemes
- If Funny Face and I get back together, you’d just be the fool – Vanessa mocks naysayers
- Vice President Bawumia has never held British or any other citizenship – Gideon Boako
- Life lounge with Edem Knight-Tay: Only because she is a woman
- I’ve been forced out over Partygate report – Boris Johnson
- 2023 AFCONQ: Chris Hughton replaces injured Alexander Djiku with Kasim Adams
- Media Coalition Against Galamsey frustrated at non-prosecution of Akonta Mining directors
- ISSER recommends adoption of electric vehicles to achieve a low-carbon transport sector
- Prof Frimpong Boateng is a role model for fighting ‘galamsey’, follow his examples – German Ambassador urges Ghanaians
- Special Prosecutor is guest on Newsfile on Saturday, June 10
- Unemployment in Ghana is highest among female youth – ISSER report reveals alarming disparities
- GrEEn project plants 2,000 trees in Ashanti and Western regions
- Asantehene leads tree planting in Kumasi as part of Green Ghana Day initiative
- Johnnie Walker Black Label and Red Label ‘step out of boxes’
- Sankalp West Africa Summit 2023 on entrepreneurship slated for June 12
- French Open 2023: Novak Djokovic through to final after Carlos Alcaraz injury
- Man Utd owners spoke to PSG chairman about Sheikh Jassim bin Hamad Al Thani’s bid