Express Capital, an indigenous Microfinance Company, which has been in operation for five years, has acquired a Savings and Loans license from Bank of Ghana.
The Company will now operate as Direct Savings and Loans Limited.
Customers of the company have enjoyed excellent service delivery, thanks in great part to the strong work ethic of the employees. From a very small team of three, Direct Savings and Loans Ltd now has a productive workforce of over three hundred.
Today, the company also boasts of a sound Corporate governance structure which is the bedrock on which the company stands despite the recent turbulence that hit the microfinance industry.
In his delivery at the launch of Direct Savings and Loans Ltd., held at the Movenpick Ambassador Hotel, the CEO, Ben Adu-Owusu stated that “high corporate governance standards have been fundamental to our success and will remain the bedrock of the Company’s long term sustainability. Although at times, a seemingly taxing process, good corporate governance standards cannot be overemphasized.
This position has been our guiding light as we move towards our vision, investing in the people, technology, and processes that will ensure the protection of the capital and integrity of the Company. Going forward, I expect effective corporate governance to rise as a key differentiating factor in the long term financial strength of companies in the industry. [And] we, Direct Saving and Loans Ltd, pledge to ensure that our established management structures, risk management processes and internal audit procedures continue to be highly valued hallmarks of our institution”.
Direct Savings and loans Ltd. is not only providing financial aid to its customers but also working towards creating and sustaining wealth for its customers, and returning excellent results for shareholders and business partners.
As a leading player in financing micro, small and medium enterprises (MSMEs), Direct Savings and Loans Ltd remains committed to providing excellent products and services and expanding to new regions of the country.
Have your say
More Business Headlines
- #YourBudget2019: Establishment of National Development Bank on course – Ofori-Atta
- 2019 Budget: Century Bond will end ‘hand-to-mouth existence’ – Ofori-Atta
- 79 factories under 1D1F to be constructed by 2018- Finance Minister
- Achievements of the Akufo-Addo gov't in 22 months
- Gov't to launch Rearing for Food and Jobs program to check imports
- Gov’t targets 7.8% GDP growth in 2019
- 2019 Budget: 'GH¢9.9bn spent to clean banking sector'
- 80% of DKM customer claims paid – Ofori-Atta
- Govt settles 80% of DKM depositors; 20% yet to reach agreement
- Standard Bank’s IT revamp puts more than 500 jobs on the line
- 2019 Budget Live Update: Finance Minister says we shall not return to Egypt
- Predictions: 2019 Budget Presentation
- 2019 Budget: New taxes, increases will be unacceptable - Economics professor
- Black Friday: Jumia Ghana partners Ghana Post to enhance deliveries
- Ex-UBS trader Kweku Adoboli deported to Ghana