The Chartered Institute of Bankers (Ghana), the professional body for banks and financial institutions in Ghana has honoured Dr. Mahamudu Bawumia at the 22nd National Banking Conference in Accra.
The award was in recognition of the special role the Vice President Bawumia played in the development of the Institute, his contributions toward transforming the banking sector and for his overall performance in the financial landscape of Ghana.
Dr. Bawumia was made a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Bankers in 2007.
The citation accompanying the plaque, which was handed over to him by the President of CIB-Ghana, Rev. Mrs. Patricia Sappor reads: “This Special Award is presented to His Excellency Dr. Mahamudu Bawumia, FCIB, Vice President of Ghana, for your significant contribution to the banking industry.
“For distinguishing yourself as a Chartered Banker, in your role as Senior Economist and consequently, as Deputy Governor of the Bank of Ghana in June 2006.
"For your many achievements, including being part of the team that designed and implemented the successful redenomination of the cedis, for playing a significant role in the design and implementation of policy initiatives such as the abolition of the secondary reserve requirements and the opening up of the banking sector to competition, developing a strategy for accessing the international capital markets with a debut US$ 750 million, which was four times oversubscribed,
"The recent launch of the Mobile Money Interoperability System in Ghana, and as a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Bankers (Ghana), for bringing honour to the profession by assuming the high office of the Vice President of the Republic of Ghana."
Dr. Mahamudu Bawumia expressed his appreciation to the executives and members of the Chartered Institute of Bankers (Ghana) for the honour done him.
More Business Headlines
- Photos: Patrons get results at 2nd JoyNews Habitat Mini Fair
- A $1.6 billion horror as Ghana investors can’t get their savings
- No 100% assurance to depositors with axed Savings and Loans companies
- Nigerian gov't ordered to pay $9bn to private gas firm
- Full List of licensed Savings and Loans companies as at August 16
- Detailed reasons behind BoG closure of Ideal, Women's Bank, Midland, and 18 others
- Book to compliment Africa's efforts to meet economic, cultural needs to be launched
- GN Savings is not only solvent but would be highly liquid if... - Nduom reacts
- Eric Nipah appointed Receiver for insolvent Savings and Loans companies
- Why GN Savings and Loans Company Ltd was closed down
- StanChart cleans up, donates to Accra Rehabilitation Center
- Luv FM's maiden Corporate Groove Flavour hits Kumasi
- South Africa debt 'becoming uncomfortable', but no bailout requested – IMF
- GN Savings and Loans, 22 others closed down
- AWA, ASKY, Ethiopian Airlines partner to bring seamless travel to Ghanaians