After one month in hospital, the 11-year-old girl who was allegedly forced by her grandparents to sit on hot water as punishment for bedwetting, has been discharged from the Police Hospital.
She had severe burns and could not sit. News about her ordeal shocked many when the police rescued here from a room where the suspects had kept her for days.
She is very hearty and playful like any child of her age.
Coordinator of Network Against Child Abuse at the Police Hospital DSP Elvis Bawa Sadongo said the girl will be sent to her new foster parents.
Last Thursday her grandparents, Christiana Torkonoo, 50 and her husband 65-year old James Agbamavo were each granted Ghc 15,000 bail by a Circuit Court in Accra, with three sureties.
Presiding Judge, Sedina Agbemava adjourned the case to March 5 to enable the victim recover well to give her testimony in court.
- Man arrested for threatening to release nude videos of late brother’s wife
- ‘I’m extremely regretful’ – KiDi apologises for ‘inappropriate and unkind’ old tweets
- Mankessim murder: Accused persons allegedly confess to killing 2 more people
- Halt operations in Tano Nimiri Forest Reserve – Lands Ministry tells Chairman ‘Wontumi”s mining company
- SIM re-registration: National Security has warned Akufo-Addo against blockage – Deputy Minority Whip
- Every single day Akufo-Addo remains President, the country drifts into peril – Dr Amoako Baah
- My husband left me for a ‘sugar mummy’ after 9 months of marriage – Woman shares experience
- Police confirm another murder orchestrated by Mankessim suspects
- 2 sustain gunshot wounds at mining firm in Samreboi
- Banking Sector Clean-up: We should have allowed institutional disciplines to work – Alhassan Andani
- Ghanaian footballer in the US dies in car crash
- Sadiq Abdulai Abu resigns as CEO of 3Music Networks
- I didn’t do music for fame, I wanted to inspire people – Zahara
- 1972 year group of Opoku Ware School refurbishes assembly hall
- Support Kirani Ayat amid copyright infringement allegations against GTA – Trigmatic tells creatives
- Hosts Ghana clash with Nigeria in MEA Rugby League Championship final
- BoG must review policy rate increases; economy not responding –Alhassan Andani
- There is no blueprint and formula for identifying football talents in Ghana – Faisal Chibsah
- Prosecution is an attempt to tarnish his reputation – Danadams Pharmaceuticals CEO lawyers
- Thomas Partey included in Arsenal squad to face Tottenham Hotspur
- Woman kills former landlord with hammer, steals $40k through forged checks
- Labour MP suspended, apologises after calling Chancellor Kwasi Kwarteng ‘superficially’ black
- Video of alleged ‘galamsey’ men in gun battle with authorities emerges on social media
- GRA set to roll out E-invoicing from tomorrow October 1
- US-based Oakley signs agreement with Benjamin Azamati