Two motorbike riders have been crushed to death in a fatal accident at Gefia on the Gefia – Tadzewu road in the Akatsi South Municipality of the Volta Region.
An eyewitness, Mensah Besa Allaga, disclosed to the Ghana News Agency (GNA) that one of the deceased, a lotto agent identified as William Agbolosu, believed to be in his 30s, is alleged to be returning from work when the accident occurred at about 1930 hours on Thursday.
He narrated, the deceased was using a Haojue motorbike with registration number VR 4694-19 with a helmet on when he collided with an incoming Sanya motorbike with no registration number.
Mr Allaga said, the Sanya motor rider together with his pillion rider, was not using headlights on their motor, leading to a severe head-on collision.
“I was riding to Gefia when the incident happened just in front of me, they were on top speed,” he said.
According to him, the Haojue rider together with the Sanya rider (name not known) died on the spot while a male pillion rider also sustained some injuries.
Mr Allaga further said the injured was rushed to the Gefia Health Centre where he is receiving medical attention.
Meanwhile, the bodies of the deceased were conveyed to the St. Paul’s Hospital morgue for preservation.
The identity of the other young man who died was not made known at the time of the accident.
The Police at Akatsi confirms the accident.
- Bankye ampesi reduces risk of colon cancer
- Stop romanticizing the past so you can enjoy your life
- Woman who held 16 jobs simultaneously for three years never actually did any work
- The 5 potential stages of a breakup, according to relationship experts
- Osei Kyei-Mensah-Bonsu mourns late former MP for Bantama
- What is love bombing and how is it different from falling in love?
- Are You Dealing With a Narcissist or Just a Selfish Jerk?
- Man gored to death by bull at Spanish festival
- Asenso-Boakye mourns former Bantama MP
- Central African Republic’s exiled former president sentenced to life in prison
- Let’s strengthen literacy, numeracy skills in formative years of children – Librarian
- GWCL announces interruption in water supply from Kpong Treatment Plant
- Gunmen abduct female students in north-west Nigeria
- 2 dead, others injured in road accident at Asankare Barrier
- Medical negligence: Can you sue a chiropractor for the wrong diagnosis and treatment?