A Ghana delegation led by Deputy Sports Minister, Hon. Evans OPOKU Bobbie and President of Africa Paralympics’ Committee, Samson Deen are in Luton to begin preparations ahead of the 2022 commonwealth games.
The team which includes APC communications Director Patrick Osei Agyeman and the Chief Director of the Sports Ministry, Alhaji Hafiz Adam have toured facilities in Luton where Team Ghana will base during the competition scheduled for July 28- August 8th 2022.
Deputy Mayor of Luton – Councilor Ghulam Javel , High Sheriff of Bedfordshire – Eric Masih and former Councilor of Luton Maria Lovell joined the Team from Inspire Sports Village – CEO Helen Barnett and Deputy Mathew Hudson delivered the welcome message on behalf of the Mayor of Luton Councilor Mahmood Hussein and showed the team around facilities.
The delegation’s last port of call was the office of Ghana’s High Commissioner to the United Kingdom, H.E Papa Owusu Ankomah who promised to coordinate affairs between Ghana and the United Kingdom to ensure smooth arrival and participation of the contingent.
Ghana will be hoping to make an impression at this year’s commonwealth games with two athletes Deborah Acquah and Benjamin Azamati ranked No 1 in the world in Women’s Long jump and Men’s 100m respectively.
- Medical Doctor gets emotional on Joy FM over debt exchange
- Black Stars’ Christian Atsu reportedly missing after earthquake in Turkey
- Haruna Iddrisu accepts changes in Minority leadership
- Muntaka accepts Minority leadership reshuffle after meeting with Mahama
- ‘God, please’ – Asamoah Gyan prays for Christian Atsu, other celebs join
- Let’s continue to pray for Christian Atsu – Mahama to Ghanaians
- Cedi continues recent gain against dollar; $1 now ¢10.40
- Over 1000 dead as huge quake toppled buildings in Turkey and Syria while people slept
- It is sad BoG unlawfully printed $3.3bn for government – IEA Director of Research
- Yul Edochie’s first wife threatens to sue actress over photoshopped image with Judy Austin
- DDEP: Government needs to reform fiscal structure – Senyo Hosi
- College head found dead with husband and daughter
- DDEP: We’ll continue to converge there until we’re exempted – Dr. Anane Antwi
- 40 Ejuraman students injured in dining structure collapse
- Grammys 2023: Viola Davis becomes an EGOT
- Grammys 2023: Kim Petras and Sam Smith break record and other takeaways
- NPP Jaman South’s aggrieved members are the proponents of “skirt and blouse” – Constituency executives
- Asante Akim Central NPP calls for fresh polling station elections
- We’ve amicably resolved impasse over change in Minority Leadership – NDC Council of Elders
- Full text: Finance Minister’s speech on DDEP deadline eve
- Accra-Tema Motorway no longer fits definition of motorway – NRSA
- SMEs without certification could lose out on ACFTA benefits – Trade Ministry warns
- Playback: PM Express discuss DDEP and government’s trust deficit
- DDEP will get economy fully back on track – Ofori-Atta
- All set for Kwabena Kwabena’s ‘Vitamilk Love Night’ show on Feb. 11