A 21-storey building under construction in Nigeria’s main city, Lagos, has collapsed.
Eyewitnesses told the BBC that several people are believed to be trapped inside the building, including construction workers and contractors.
The Lagos State Emergency Management Agency says it has activated its emergency response plan to deal with the situation.
Meanwhile, security agencies are struggling to cordon off the area as crowds gather around the site.
The cause of the collapse of the building is still unclear.
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
- Court of Appeal Judge to be investigated for ‘suspicious ruling’
- Ras Nene confronts Achimota Mall security for stopping his team from filming
- Ghana returns to gold top spot as output jumps 32%
- The Multimedia Group’s Lead Camera Technician, Modestus Zame laid to rest
- Tourists watch Russian man get devoured by shark on Egypt beach
- 2022/23 GPL final day: Medeama and Bechem title tug of war, Hearts of Oak’s relegation threat
- Playback: Burial service of The Multimedia Group’s Lead Camera Technician Modestus Zame
- Minority warns against turning Green Ghana Day events into corruption schemes
- ‘Spiritualist’ on trial for allegedly defrauding client of GHȼ85,000
- Prof Frimpong Boateng is a role model for fighting ‘galamsey’, follow his examples – German Ambassador urges Ghanaians
- Another Asante chief destooled by Asantehene for alleged fraud
- Access to safe water: CWSA begins over GHȼ 49k reconstruction of Goaso water system
- Otumfuo applauds Vodafone Ghana’s unwavering commitment to Asanteman
- Four children found alive in jungle 40 days after plane crash
- Man found dead in a stream at Gomoa Akoti
- 4 children found alive in jungle after months of plane crash
- Bawumia does not hold British citizenship – Gideon Boako
- Ghana commits to Sustainable Housing Programs at UN-Habitat Assembly
- Vice President Bawumia has never held British or any other citizenship – Gideon Boako
- Life lounge with Edem Knight-Tay: Only because she is a woman
- Home Stars, Dynamo secure vital wins in Volta Division Two sub-middle-league
- I’ve been forced out over Partygate report – Boris Johnson
- 2023 AFCONQ: Chris Hughton replaces injured Alexander Djiku with Kasim Adams
- Media Coalition Against Galamsey frustrated at non-prosecution of Akonta Mining directors
- ISSER recommends adoption of electric vehicles to achieve a low-carbon transport sector