Some three police officers and three others accused of the death and secret burial of 48-year-old Abu Bukari Gbaharah at Seikwa in the Bono Region have today been remanded again for two weeks.

The late Abu, who has been officially buried by his family, was allegedly tortured by the police officers while in custody leading to his death.

The deceased who had been arrested for allegedly smashing the rear windscreen of a Toyota Highlander belonging to one of the accused persons was then secretly buried without the knowledge of the authorities.

Two weeks ago, the 6 accused persons were charged on two counts; conspiracy to commit a crime, to wit: Murder, contrary to section 23(1) and 46 of the Criminal Offences Act, 1960 (Act 29), and murder.

The District Magistrate Court B in Sunyani presided over by His Lordship Jojo Hagan, remanded them to reappear on May 11.

At their second appearance, the police officers who covered their faces from the camera and onlookers, including some close relatives, were directed to reappear again in court on May 25.

Three of the accused persons, Aaron Abbey and Reuben Obeng, security guards at a bank, and Emmanuel Ofori, a bank manager, according to the prosecutor, have filed bail at the High court.

Speaking to JoyNews, the prosecutor, Supt. Joseph Apaloo said the case is still under investigation.

He also added that “A3 didn’t come to court because he said he is sick and he’s on admission at the municipal hospital. And as I told the court, we have received an application for bail in respect of A1, A2 and A3”.

“It was filed at the high court which will come on, on the 14th of next month so I brought that to the attention of the high court. So AG will represent us at the high court.”

Meanwhile, spokesperson for the family of the deceased, Mohammed Abubakar said they are satisfied with the process so far.

“The case is with the court and we have also spoken to our lawyer and he says everything is on course so we are happy with what is going on at the moment,” he said.