Audio By Carbonatix
Three schools captured in the Eduwatch monitoring report on the just ended West African Senior School Certificate Examination (WASSCE) did not participate in the exercise.
The Public Relations officer of the West African Examination Council (WAEC), Mrs. Agnes Teye-Cudjoe said this at a press conference organised by WAEC on Friday.
The three schools are; Insaaniyaa Senior High School, Beposoman Muslims Senior High School, and Kikam Senior High School.
Speaking at the press briefing, she stated that Insaaniyaa School as of January, 2021 had been shut down, thus it was impossible for the school authorities to have registered students to partake in the WASSCE.
“We observed that one, Insaaniyaa Senior High School, that is number twelve on the list of schools that was reported to have been monitored by Eduwatch, does not currently exist. The school was closed down in January, 2021.
“No candidate was registered by Insaaniyaa Senior High School for the WASSCE 2021, neither was the school used as an examination centre. So we do not know where his monitors went to monitor Insaaniyaa Senior High School,” she said.
She also stated that Beposoman Muslims School is not recorded in the Council’s list of schools that partook in the WASSCE.
“Beposoman Muslims Senior High School, that is number one on the list of schools by Eduwatch, is also not on the Council’s list of participating schools for the exam. Rather the list of schools that we have for the examination includes Ghana Muslim Mission Schools, Beposo, that is number 4.
“So we do not really know what he meant by listing Beposoman Senior High School and then he also has Ghana Muslim Mission school on his list. So, I think that we’ll need further clarification on that,” the PRO said.
Madam Teye-Cudjoe further revealed that the Council has no records of Kikam SHTS on its list of schools that enrolled candidates for the WASSCE this year.
“So when we look at the list of schools that Eduwatch claims that they monitored, these schools are not on our list of schools that took part in the WASSCE, so we wish to ask Eduwatch to give us further clarification, because we have taken note of some of the issues raised in the report.”
Concluding her statement, Madam Teye-Cudjoe said the Council has taken serious “notice of allegations made in the report of malpractices in certain schools and we’ll probe the issue further to ascertain the veracity or otherwise of the claims made.”
Latest Stories
-
‘My heart is shattered beyond words’ – Choirmaster mourns wife Beverly Afaglo
3 minutes -
East Africa wants to curb imports of used clothes, but it’s not easy
3 minutes -
California declares emergency as fire crews race to contain toxic leak
11 minutes -
Social Democrats’ Ennis elected in Dublin Central by-election
15 minutes -
At least 82 killed in Chinese coal mine explosion
21 minutes -
Choirmaster announces death of wife Beverly AfagloÂ
21 minutes -
Bank boss sorry after describing workers as ‘lower value human capital’
24 minutes -
India’s parody ‘cockroach party’ claims website has been blocked
27 minutes -
I survived a missile strike in the Strait of Hormuz, but my friend has not been found
32 minutes -
Man killed in shark attack off Australia’s north-east coast
36 minutes -
Girl raped by boys spared jail tells BBC judge’s decision was like ‘rock in my face’
40 minutes -
Four dead and dozens injured in wave of Russian strikes on Kyiv
1 hour -
Ageing and Longevity: Lessons from a 109-year-old
2 hours -
Gov’t reaffirms commitment to Africa’s digital economy at AIGF launch
2 hours -
One dead, multiple injured after Russia launches wave of strikes on Ukraine
3 hours