Four persons are reported dead in a gory motor accident on the Akatsi-Tadzewu road in the Volta Region on Monday.
Three of them, two males and a female died on the spot with the fourth person, another male, confirmed dead whiles receiving treatment at the Akatsi District Hospital, same day.
The road crash occurred around Adetsewui Junction near Nyorgbortey in the Akatsi South District.
Chief Superintendent of Police, Joseph Atsu Dzineku, Commander of Police in Akatsi South said on June 7, around 10 pm, he received an alert from a community member that two motor riders were involved in an accident along the Akatsi- Tadzewu road.
Mr Dzineku said he quickly informed the patrol team to rush to the scene of the accident.
“Upon arrival, my men saw three lifeless bodies, two males and a female with another male who was in critical condition,” the Police said.
He said the fourth person was rushed to the Akatsi District Hospital and the motorbikes, which were badly damaged, cleared from the road for safety.
Mr Dzineku believed both riders had a severe head-on collision resulting in the loss of lives and said the police would soon identify the deceased with the help from the public.
Meanwhile, the bodies have been deposited at the St Paul’s Hospital morgue in the District for autopsy.
- Social media reacts to how youth hooted at Akufo-Addo during concert
- Apart from some senior players, no one is guaranteed a place – Andre Ayew on Ghana’s World Cup squad
- NDC orchestrated the heckling of Akufo-Addo at Global Citizen Festival – NPP
- 23,495 Ghanaians test positive for HIV in 6 months
- Bagbin has not resigned from Ghana Bar Association – Dafeamekpor
- Black Stars arrive to rousing welcome in Spain ahead of Nicaragua friendly
- Frontiers Contract contains information we cannot disclose – Ghana Airports Company Ltd
- Ghana’s programme will focus heavily on debt sustainability – IMF
- ‘Stop the foolhardiness, Akufo-Addo’s booing at Global Citizen Festival wasn’t orchestrated’ – Stan Dogbe tells NPP
- Parliament approves fees for “access” to information
- Financial inclusion and enterprise development empowering SMEs today for sustainable growth tomorrow
- Consensus building is needed at this point – Seth Terkper on Ghana’s IMF negotiation
- We need consensus building on debt restructuring process – Dr. Atuahene
- Release incarcerated KNUST students – Katanga Hall Alumni Association
- Establish a debt limit in the constitution to control borrowing – Dr. Atuahene
- Election 2024: If literates are failing, try illiterates – Kumchacha to Ghanaians
- 14-year-old pregnant girl, 23 others rescued from being trafficked to Côte d’Ivoire
- Wa killings: 18 arrested so far
- Education Minister congratulates Serwaa Kesse Girls’ SHS for winning 2022 National Business Pitch Competition
- I will choose Mahama over Akufo-Addo – Kumchacha
- Government begins second phase of discussions with IMF
- Halt the activities of Seven Seas salt company – Ketu South residents to government
- Livestream: PM Express discusses Ghana’s impending debt restructuring
- Ghana cannot avoid debt restructuring currently – Cassiel Ato Forson
- Super Clash: Asante Kotoko file complaint over officiating