Ghana’s 66th independence anniversary celebration which is scheduled to be marked in the Volta Region has been launched by the National Planning Committee.
The celebration which would be under the theme: “Our Unity; Our Strength; Our Purpose”, would be honoured by thousands from across the country and the world.
The 66th independence anniversary logo was also out-doored at the ceremony hosted at the residency conference hall in Ho on Tuesday.
The Head of Communications of the National Planning Committee, Jefferson Sackey, indicated that embedded in the logo is the figure 66, which rests on Mount Afadza, the highest mountain in Ghana.
The logo which is designed in red, gold, green and black, according to Mr. Sackey, symbolizes the blood of the fore-bearers of the country, mineral wealth, rich forest and natural vegetation and the lonestar of African freedom respectively.
It also embodies the Volta River; the main river which has served the nation with water, electricity and tourism potentials, the Sabala, an Adinkra symbol; representing coexistence and tolerance, and the independence arch; to symbolize Ghana’s independence.
The Chairman of the National Planning Committee, Lord Commey, disclosed that the event would sell the Volta Region to the world as about 5,000 invitations have been extended to “very very important personalities from across the world“ to attend the independence day parade, on the 6th of March, scheduled to be held at the Volta Regional Youth Resource Centre at Adaklu.
He said that the President of Guinea-Bissau, Umaro Sissoco Embaló would grace the parade as the special guest of honor.
22 contingents from the security agencies, 12 schools among other institutions would participate in the parade.
He congratulated the regional organizing committee and promised Ghanaians and revellers an exciting 12-day celebration, urging the host region to position itself to reap the benefits.
The Volta Regional Minister, Dr. Archibald Yao Letsa, appealed to stakeholders to support the organising committee to deliver a successful independence anniversary celebration.
“This anniversary is for all Ghanaians, this anniversary is not going to see any party colours, we are going to see the colours of the Republic of Ghana. So all of us are going to come together as a region, the chiefs, the queen mothers, the youth, political parties, opinion leaders, everybody in the Volta Region is going to come on board to support us so that we can host this important anniversary.
I believe that the people of this region are ready and that they have shown signs and enthusiasm and commitment to this course”, he said.
- Agya Koo’s new plush mansion which got social media talking
- 50 people injured after accident involving 4 cars on Kasoa-Weija road
- Encourage acquisition, mergers of banks and NBFIs if needed – IMF tells government
- 2023 AFCONQ: Inaki Williams withdraws from Black Stars squad to face Madagascar
- Assin North by-election: EC denies NDC’s accusation of inserting candidate’s name in voters register
- Read Supreme Court’s full judgement in Gyakye Quayson case
- 2023 AFCONQ: Asamoah Gyan expresses ‘worry’ about Black Stars squad for Madagascar clash
- June 4 uprising occurred for far less than what is happening in Ghana today – Mahama
- Kwabena Donkor hits back at World Bank Country Director over his claims on PPAs signed under NDC
- Supreme Court’s reasoning for kicking Gyakye Quayson out of Parliament strange – Sammy Gyamfi
- No basic school has new curriculum textbooks – Clement Apaak
- NDC punches holes into Supreme Court’s full judgement on Gyakye Quayson
- Bonn Climate Change Conference: AGN pushes adaptation measures for women and youth
- Toptech Ghana to provide ISO certified defensive driving course for corporate and VIP drivers
- Persons who invade or attack AngloGold Ashanti will be arrested and prosecuted – Abu Jinapor
- Let’s review the Fertilizer Subsidy Programme-GIRSAL to MoFA
- Engr. ERIC ATTA-SONNO: Is the Ghanaian Media still the Fourth Estate of the Realm?
- GEA, World Bank to support 150 PWD Enterprises with ¢12m to grow their businesses
- 2023 ECOWAS Festival: Queen Mother urges African leaders to use culture as a tool to achieve African unity
- People called me names for trying to extend law school to Kumasi – Kwaku Ansa-Asare
- Disregard reported increase in HIV cases in Ho – Ghana Health Service
- I laid the foundation for lawyers to be licensed in Ghana – Kwaku Ansa-Asare
- World Environment Day: Ghana’s road medians turned spaces for garbage and weedy sand mounds
- Gov’t committed to protecting Anglogold Ashanti’s concessions, curbing illegal activities – Jinapor
- Why Wendy Shay is calling some artistes “thieves”