Audio By Carbonatix
The Upper East Regional Minister has given more clarification to an incident that resulted in a woman who tested positive for Covid-19, leaving the Bolgatanga Regional Hospital.
According to Paulina Tangoba Abayage, when the 33-year woman reported to the health facility, she was showing signs of the virus but that stopped after her samples were taken.
No longer showing symptoms, she was then allowed to leave by health authorities while her sample was transferred for testing.
JoyNews’ Upper East Regional correspondent, Albert Sore, who was present at the Minister's press briefing, said health authorities were bothered about subsequent rumours that the lady absconded from the facility, hence the clarification.
Speaking to Emefa Apawu on JoyNews, Albert Sore said, “a decision was taken to discharge her from the hospital and so she went home.
"She was discharged on Thursday. The next day, Friday, was the day the test results came out and it turned out positive.
"They then took steps to go and bring the woman back for admission,” the reporter added.
So far, 11 people are said to have come into contact with the woman based on information gathered from her visit to the hospital, authorities at the press conference said.
The 11 have since been contacted and are in self-isolation. Their samples have also been taken for testing.
Meanwhile, the Newborn unit at the Maternity ward of the Bolgatanga Regional Hospital where the infected woman visited, has been scheduled for a fumigation exercise on Monday, April 6, 2020.
Latest Stories
-
Mali renews Barrick Mining’s Loulo license for 10 more years
34 minutes -
Gender pay gap won’t close for another 30 years, warns UK trade unions group
44 minutes -
No free pass for internet platforms on child safety, Starmer says
55 minutes -
Andrew’s time as trade envoy should be investigated, says Vince Cable
1 hour -
‘Trump will be gone in three years’: Top Democrats try to reassure Europe
1 hour -
Cuban cigar festival called off as US blockade worsens energy crisis
1 hour -
Head of Dubai-based ports giant quits after Epstein links revealed
2 hours -
Nigeria’s state-owned NNPC records $4.2 billion after-tax profit in 2025
2 hours -
French tourist found dead in Chad after falling off cliff
2 hours -
Asuogyaman MP commissions four projects, breaks ground for more on birthday
2 hours -
GNFS averts potential petrol tanker explosion at Aveme Junction
2 hours -
Ferocious fire at Agatex Paint Factory in Ho contained
3 hours -
MTN Ghana drives nationwide blood mobilisation in partnership with Ho Teaching Hospital
3 hours -
MTN Ghana leads lifesaving blood drive as Ho Teaching Hospital warns of critical shortages
3 hours -
KNUST dominate maiden SEEDAfrique Relay Open Championship in Kumasi
3 hours
