Audio By Carbonatix
The first official photo of the Princess of Wales since her abdominal surgery in January has been released by Kensington Palace.
The image, taken by Prince William earlier this week, shows the princess with her three children.
The photo is accompanied by a Mother's Day message along with a "thank you" from the princess for the public's "continued support".
She is not expected to return to public duties before Easter.
In a message shared on social media, Catherine said: "Thank you for your kind wishes and continued support over the last two months.
"Wishing everyone a Happy Mother's Day."
The photo shows the princess sitting down, surrounded by Princess Charlotte, Prince Louis and Prince George, wrapping his arms around her.
Catherine, 42, spent 13 nights at the London Clinic, near Regent's Park in central London, following the surgery.
- Catherine, Princess of Wales, in hospital after abdominal surgery
- Kate, the King and three other big challenges for the royals
- Prince William to return to work after Kate's surgery
Prince William visited his wife during her stay and she was visited by the King before he had his own treatment there.
The Palace has shared few details about her condition, which has garnered significant social media speculation, but has said it is not cancer-related.
It said it would only provide updates on her recovery when there was significant new information to share.
Latest Stories
-
Today’s Front Pages: Monday, February 16, 2026
13 minutes -
‘Victory in 2028 won’t be gifted to us’ – Bawumia urges discipline, unity in NPP
40 minutes -
Lordina Mahama announces completion of 3 modern maternity and children’s wards
43 minutes -
IOM, Fidelity Bank Ghana Ltd partner to boost financial literacy for Ghanaian returneesÂ
46 minutes -
There is nothing wrong with being arrested as a politician – Afenyo-Markin urges NPP unity
48 minutes -
Fact-based response to misleading narratives on JG Resources Ltd’s gold trade dispute
51 minutes -
GNFS prevents petrol tanker explosion at Aveme Junction
1 hour -
Hindsight: Garbage in, garbage out
1 hour -
Gender Ministry condemns alleged digital sexual exploitation by foreign national, vows legal action
1 hour -
‘We realised the mess left behind’ – Asiedu Nketia blames Akufo-Addo gov’t for cocoa crisis
2 hours -
Suspect in Zebilla police robbery and murder arrested
2 hours -
‘I am safe and recovering well’ – Mohammed Sukparu reassures public after accident
2 hours -
Bawumia thanks liaisons nationwide
2 hours -
Africa must industrialise through green transition – AGN Chair
2 hours -
Ghana’s economy still vulnerable to commodity swings and global tightening – PwC warns
2 hours
