Audio By Carbonatix
Latif Abubakar, the Chief Executive Officer of Globe Productions, is girding up to for his 20th theatre production titled ‘Ghana Must Go’.
'Ghana Must Go' is produced in partnership with the Ministry of Tourism, Arts and Culture and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
It is a key component of the Black Star Experience under the Government of Ghana and a part of The Big Push Ghana Project, a global investment and tourism drive powered by theatre.
Speaking at the launch held on Thursday 15th May, 2025 at the Pelican Hotel in Accra, Latif Abubakar enumerated successes chalked by Globe Productions since it was established fifteen (15) years ago.
"Over the past decade and a half, Globe Productions have brought to life nineteen (19) powerful productions that have inspired, challenged and entertained people around the world. Today we present our 20th milestone production titled 'Ghana Must Go', the first ever play that brings to stage the Ghana story in full: who we are, what we have, and why the world must come to Ghana to experience and invest," he said.
He said last year, they made history by taking Ghana theatre to Europe with their first ever theatrical expedition in Madrid, Spain.
"It was a sold-out and welcomed twenty-nine (29) ambassadors - a testimony of the power of storytelling and the global hunger for authentic Ghanaian content," he noted.
Still highlighting their impact, Latif mentioned that in 2020, in the heat of the pandemic, they became the first theatre company in the world to produce and stage a virtual play on COVID-19.
"With the support of the ministries of health and information that play reached over 3.5 million views across the globe and to celebrate the fusion of nature, culture and introduce a bold new tradition called theatre on the cruise," he indicated.
Latif Abubakar expressed optimism in marketing Ghana through the 'Ghana Must Go' play.
"'Ghana Must Go' is not just another play - it is the flagship theatrical experience of the Big Push Ghana Project, a key feature of the Blackstar Experience, an initiative by the government of Ghana aimed at elevating our national visibility through cultural driven investment diplomacy.
Through this unique play, we will mobilise at least 2000 potential investors and tourists in each host city from Kenya, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, USA, UK, Canada, Nigeria, South Africa," he said.

Present at the launch were the Minister of Tourism, Culture, and Creative Arts, Hon. Abla Dzifa Gomashie; the President of the Ghana Journalists Association, Albert Kwabena Dwumfour; Deputy Chief Executive Officer of the Ghana Tourism Authority, Gilbert Abeiku Aggrey; the Director of Arts and Culture, Divine Owusu Ansah, and some dignitaries from the acting fraternity.
The Special Guest of Honor was Hon. Abla Dzifa Gomashie, Minister of Tourism, Culture and Creative Arts in her address said: " 'Ghana Must Go' is an invitation for the world to join Ghana, not only as the land of heritage and hospitality but as a land of investment, innovation and endless possibilities."

According to the President of the Ghana Journalists Association (GJA), Albert Kwabena Dwumfour, the project would assume its full potential with the maximum support of the media.
"Let us cover this story not just as another event but as national movement. Let us dedicate airtime, coral space and digital real estate to telling the world that what this play represents - the creativity, resilience, warmth and untapped potential of Ghana," he said.

'Ghana Must Go' will stage at the Accra International Conference Centre on 24th and 25th May 2025 at 4pm and 8pm daily.
Latest Stories
-
World Cup reality check: Mexico outclass Ghana with 2-0 win in Puebla friendly
17 minutes -
Free speech: MFWA slams ‘weaponisation’ of state laws
36 minutes -
NITA defends ICT fees, rejects claims of ‘digital coup’
1 hour -
UN releases $60m from central fund to tackle lethal Ebola outbreak
2 hours -
“Put people first” – Vice-President tells global financial giants at ACI Congress
3 hours -
Vice-President commissions 100 new Metro Mass buses
4 hours -
“You do not need my permission” – Bagbin clears misconception over arresting MPs
4 hours -
Ice baths, almond milk, meditation and a ‘house like a hospital’: The secrets of Salah’s success
4 hours -
This Saturday on Prime Insight: GN Savings and Loans licence restoration and the Abronye bail debate
6 hours -
Putin vows retaliation after accusing Ukraine of hitting student dormitory
6 hours -
2026 ACI World Congress: In Accra, a quiet reframe of how emerging markets see themselves
6 hours -
No break-in, no theft at Ashaiman showroom – Hisense Ghana clarifies
6 hours -
This Saturday on Newsfile: Attack on free speech and return of GN Bank
7 hours -
Opinion: The evidence before High Court continues to expose weakness of the Republic’s case against Wontumi
7 hours -
Ebola risk raised to ‘very high’ in DR Congo
7 hours