Accra Mall Limited is launching a pop-up store for Alfred Anane, founder and Creative Director of Silverbutton Gh, winner of the 2022 edition of The Accra Mall Fashion Fund.
His brand consists of bespoke and ready-to-wear fashion lines for both men and women. The store, which is going to be launched on Friday, May 12, 2023, will remain open for a month at the Accra Mall.
Alfred Anane was adjudged the winner of the fourth edition of the Fashion Fund in a keenly contested competition organized by Accra Mall Limited in 2022. His winning package included a one-month pop-up store at Accra Mall, a $3000 cash prize and other souvenirs.
Alfred Anane comes from very humble beginnings and had no help furthering his education to the tertiary level. He grew up understudying his father who owned a tailoring shop. After working as a shop attendant for a while, he decided to take up fashion design in 2018 and started with a ready-to-wear line that he marketed on social media.
“My life has changed ever since winning the Accra Mall Fashion Fund. Personally, I am more confident now and I have business skills I didn’t even know I needed, I am so grateful”, he opined.
The Marketing Manager of Accra Mall Limited, Anthony Asamoah stated: “Accra Mall Fashion Fund is here to stay, we will continue to contribute our quota to developing talented designers to understand the entrepreneurship aspect of fashion. Alfred has grown over the months of training and I know he is going to upgrade his fashion business”
When asked what he had to say to prospective applicants, Alfred urged successful applicants to get ready for a life-changing experience and to pay attention to the training process.
- Perez Chapel’s Agyinasare given 14 days to appear before Nogokpo traditional leaders
- I paid GH₵30,000 to fix my body – TikToker Aba Dope
- World Bank: Ghana likely to receive first tranche of $300 million by September if … – Frank Laporte
- Chiefs endorsing candidates and political parties unconstitutional – Supreme Court
- Gyakye Quayson can vie for Assin North seat; it’s a calculated risk – Amaliba
- Man fined GH¢2k and a sheep for allegedly attempting to sleep with friend’s wife
- Man slashes wife for asking for divorce
- Surfline SIMs removed from Central SIM Database
- Nottingham Forest release Andre Ayew
- Assin North by-election: NPP closes nomination as two persons pick forms
- ‘If NPP can get a consensus candidate, it’ll help us tremendously’ – Hackman
- Accra West ECG recovers GH¢675k in revenue mobilisation exercise
- Hypertension can cause male erectile dysfunctions – Dr Benjamin Toboh
- 1V1D: Government spent averagely ¢670k on each of the ‘dried dams’ – Research
- Rastafarian student nearly rejected by Achimota School may represent them at NSMQ
- ‘You’re abusing fowls’ – Animal Welfare League demands ban on battery cages
- ‘Family Feud’ contestant who joked about regretting marriage on game show found guilty of murdering wife
- Can Gyekye-Quayson lawfully run as an MP in the Assin-North bye-election? (Kwaku Azar writes)
- The Gambia hires US lawyers over syrup scandal – report
- Fear as Jamie Foxx left ‘paralyzed, blind’ from ‘brain clot’
- Kizz Daniels welcomes third child
- Jose Mourinho charged for using abusive language towards official at Europa League final
- Beneficiaries of StanChart Women in Technology programme share inspiring stories
- Benin petrol prices soar as Nigeria moves to end subsidy
- Funding for social intervention programmes could be cut if reforms are not implemented – World Bank Country Director