Accra has the most supportive ecosystem for promoting entrepreneurship and startups, a new interactive platform for small scale industries and e-commerce enterprises, Ghana Ecosystem, has disclosed in its ranking metrics.
As part of preparations towards the launch of the ecosystem platform, which will be live on Joy News on September 4, 2020, at 4 pm, the Tech Lab conducted a survey in 11 out of 16 areas, with Accra emerging as the best ecosystem for startup businesses.
The areas are listed in a chronological order from 1st to 11th; Accra, Kumasi, Takoradi, Tamale, Ho, Cape Coast, Sunyani, Bolgatanga, Wa, Koforidua and Walewale.
The survey was conducted in six categories: human capital with Accra emerging first with 85 percent and Walewale, last with 40 percent; policy had Accra first with 90 percent and Walewale taking bottom place again with 25 percent whiles Accra topped with 80 percent and Walewale placed last with 30 percent in market category.
The finance category saw Accra at the top with 70 percent whereas Walewale came last with 28 percent.
In the media, women and culture category, Accra registered 80 percent while Walewale had 30 percent, whereas in the last category, support and infrastructure saw Accra with 70 percent and a tie for the last position, with Walewale and Koforidua having 10 percent each.
Ghana Ecosystem is an ecosystem mapping programme aimed at identifying challenges and certain gaps in advancing small businesses.
It is an initiative by the Ghana Tech Lab with support from the MasterCard Foundation.
- Nurse who was verbally abused by Ashanti Region NSS Boss no longer at Manhyia Hospital – GRNMA
- Petrol, diesel prices to go down by 10% – IES
- That is not my style – Ashanti Regional NSS boss apologises for insulting nurses
- ‘Mr and Mrs Adeleke’: Fans gush over photos of Chioma with Davido and her in-laws during 1st public appearance
- NSS summons Ashanti Region boss for investigation
- Dubai’s ENOC denies gold-for-oil barter talks with Ghana
- Moody’s downgrades Ghana to further junk status, warns investors could lose in debt restructuring
- ‘You’ll see, more is coming from my boy’ – Andre Ayew on Kudus’ future
- 14 pupils receiving treatment after school bus somersaults, falls into a ditch
- Why General Arts students are ‘bleeding’ on social media
- Increasing VAT rate was a lazy approach to burden faithful few – Bokpin
- ACCE charges new inductees to exude professionalism
- Afrobarometer receives major boost with $6m grant from Sweden
- Cement Producers bewail fall in demand due to high cost of production
- EOCO recovers over ¢27m crime monies in 10 months
- Throw in the towel; I’ll win this election hands down – Ofosu Ampofo tells Asiedu Nketia
- A draw could be good for us but we want to win – Otto Addo on Uruguay clash
- How the UAE ban almost ruined Rita Dominic’s white wedding
- We’ll oppose removal of e-Levy threshold – Minority
- Kanye West to pay Kim Kardashian $200,000 per month in child support as divorce settlement
- Qatar 2022: Lawrence Ati Zigi is having a great World Cup – Otto Addo
- Jiang Zemin: Former Chinese leader dies aged 96
- Nigeria police chief sentenced to 3 months in jail
- Some OMCs start reducing fuel prices, GOIL down by 3.5%
- MTN partners Boomplay to offer special data bundles, subscription packages for music streaming