General Insurance Company, ACTIVA Insurance says it will introduce an online portal aimed at driving client-focused innovation by facilitating all insurance needs.
The company says through the digital platform, the public will be able to purchase insurance policies including Motor, Travel Insurance, Home Insurance and Personal Insurance covers via mobile devices without any hassle.
Speaking to JoyBusiness, the Managing Director of ACTIVA Insurance International Company (Ghana) Ltd, Solomon Lartey said the move not only seeks to increase insurance accessibility but also complement the regulator’s efforts to increase insurance penetration in the country.
“Recently, the Ghana Insurers Association with support from the regulator NIC run some campaigns on radio to try and bring insurance awareness to the people and there are other organizations lobbying to introduce insurance into the school curriculum. I believe that all these are working towards ensuring an increment in insurance penetration,” he said.
Mr Lartey added, “On our part, we are bringing out a portal that allows people get a quotation, buy insurance, and pay with their VISA MasterCard or mobile money and it also provides claims management services.”
The ACTIVA Insurance Ghana MD, also revealed that the new portal will allow for customers to access insurance premium finance online “because we have partnerships with some financial institutions that will provide loans for payment of premiums,” he said.
Mr Lartey also noted that the new portal will create some direct and indirect jobs.
“This time we have brought something again that we believe that everybody should benefit from; not only insurers but brokers can also benefit from it and people who are even looking for jobs could contact us and we will set them up as agents and partners,” he said.
The official launch of the ACTIVA Online Insurance Portal is slated for the 26th of February this year.
About ACTIVA Ghana
The company has been in operation for the past 10 years as a general insurer after receiving a license from its regulator, the National Insurance Commission (NIC).
ACTIVA in the last three years expanded its scope to focus more on the retail and SME markets.
It is the 7th largest insurance company by premium income out of 30 licensed non-life insurance companies in Ghana. The company was adjudged the Best Insurance Company in Ghana by the Association of Ghana Industries (AGI 2014 Awards).
- Patients in danger as nurses head for NHS in UK – medics
- NDC punches holes into Supreme Court’s full judgement on Gyakye Quayson
- We won’t withhold our approval of Chief Justice nominee – Minority backs Gertrude Torkornoo
- Assin North By-election: Who has the edge – An analysis
- Presidential staffer declares support for Alan Kyerematen
- Our decision on Justice Torkonoo will be known after we peruse full judgement on Gyakye Quayson – Agbodza
- Midwife delivers baby in speeding commercial vehicle
- If you have God, you have everything, you lose God and lose everything –Justice Jones Dotse
- Domelevo sings: Read English translation of his cryptic song
- Our June 30th ultimatum still remains – IPPs remind government
- Controversy comes with the job – World Bank Country rep replies NDC
- Speaker’s sim card deactivated despite re-registration in Parliament – Sam George
- Europa Conference League final: West Ham boss David Moyes says ‘best is yet to come’
- AngloGold Ashanti rolls out plastic waste management programme
- Technical director Paolo Maldini sacked by AC Milan
- French Open 2023: Djokovic beats Khachanov to reach semi-finals
- ‘You’re yet to be confirmed’- Kyei Mensah-Bonsu tells Ato Forson in ‘clash’ over Assin North by-election
- Gonorrhoea and syphilis sex infections reach record levels in England
- ‘People tried to bring a wedge between me and Anin-Yeboah’ – Justice Jones Dotse
- NSMQ 2023: Fijai SHS shines bright, secures spot in Nationals with stellar performance
- Nogokpo: ‘The energies of the land will act’ if Agyinasare defies 14-day ultimatum – Nogokpo spokesperson
- NSMQ 2023: St Mary’s Boys SHS beat Shama SHS to secure National championship spot
- Nogokpo vs Agyinasare: National Peace Council calls for calm
- ‘Ducking hell’ to disappear from Apple autocorrect
- ‘Chemical mango’ video is fake – Federation of Associations of Ghanaian Exporters clears air