My Name is Adam Bonaa and I am a concerned CITIZEN of Ghana.
Are we in the Banana Republic? Which law says one can be pronounced guilty before he or she appears in Court? Must National Security Agents Video Prophet Kwabena Owusu Agyei in the manner they did? Is Ghana no longer a rule of Law country? What the suspect said is wrong but that cannot warrant this disrespect to rule of law by the arresting officers.
I have 10 questions for National Security and the security fraternity in Ghana, which is headed by the President as the Chair of the National Security Council.
- Why was the suspect not given the Warrant to verify and authenticate if its signed by a court, which court, date, name of Judge etc. issued it ?
- Why were his rights not spelt out clearly to him and asked to remain silent or whatever he says could be used against him?
- Why was he not searched him at the scene of arrest?
- Why was a relation of his not informed where they were taking him?
- Are the NS agents aware suspect is not guilty till a court says so?
- Could the NS officers have planted the Naco on him
- Why video him posing with some herbs suspected to be Naco and publish it? Which law permits NS agents to humiliate suspects this way?
- How did the NS agents know it was Naco?
- Which Lab tested the substance the suspect is holding and confirmed it was Naco?
- Shouldn’t the NS agents in the said video be rather detained for planting Naco on the suspect?
I am only asking questions, this could happen to anyone and this should not be happening under the leadership of human right lawyer President. I do not want to be a SPECTATOR; I want to be a CITIZEN as H. E the President -Nana Addo once proclaimed.
- Ghanaians to re-register SIM cards in June or risk losing phone numbers
- Leicester issue Chelsea apology over Daniel Amartey FA Cup actions
- DCOP Opare Addo vows to take action against Delta Force following his attempted forceful removal from office
- We pay ‘big money’ taxes and yet they burn our equipment – XtraGold Mining Company
- “I’m not proud of it” – referee for Hearts v Sharks game apologises for errors
- Final year SHS student allegedly commits suicide at Barkoniaba
- ‘The system has failed us again’ – Father of 12-year-old who died due to unavailability of ambulance service
- NDC has done more for healthcare in Ghana than NPP – Sammy Gyamfi responds to Nana Aba Anamoah
- NSMQ 2021: Archbishop Porter Girls’ outshines St Augustine SHS to qualify for National championship
- Ayew gives Swansea narrow lead over Barnsley in Championship play-offs
EBID Grants $50m facility to Consolidated Bank Ghana Limited
I sing from the heart – Kofi Kinaata opens up on songwriting skills
AUDA-NEPAD and Ecobank Group partnership moves to finance phase under the 100,000 MSMEs Initiative
“Let’s make Accra work”: Regional Minister and AMA remove illegal structures and encroachers on Graphic Road
Apart from assaulting Opare Addo, his privacy was invaded – Koku Anyidohu
Ghana’s corruption performance has been in decline since 2012 – Expert
39th IRAWMA: The winners, the African force, performances and special awardees
Mother of 6 murdered by unknown assailants
EC not to blame for violence, deaths during 2020 polls – Jean Mensa
Over 2,000 people to benefit from Waste Management System in Bechem
Nigerian political aide arrested in US for benefit fraud
Pfizer vaccine can now be stored in fridge for longer, EU drug regulator says
Full text: Jean Mensa’s address at IPAC workshop on 2020 elections
Those who created the national security monster have lost control – Kwasi Aning
I was traumatized by Police sirens – Koku Anyidoho on his National Security experience