The Deputy Managing Director of the Agricultural Development Bank (ADB), Alhaji Alhassan Yakubu Tali, has commended the Vice President, Dr. Mahamudu Bawumia for his digitalisation drive in the country, which has brought about substantial ease of doing business.
He added that the introduction of various initiatives such as the Ghana Card, the mobile money interoperability, Ghana.gov portal and the digital address systems have enhanced Banking transactions and improved customer confidence in the sector.
Speaking in an interview, the Mr. Yakubu-Tali stated that, the initiatives under the government’s digitisation agenda spearheaded by the Vice President would in the long-term positively streamline banking processes and procedures.
“The introduction of the Ghana Card will greatly help in dealing with issues like fraud and other related incidents within the Banking sector”, he said.
According to the ADB DMD, the introduction of a national database created through the digitization drive of the Vice President, has also made it easy for Banks to access customer information thereby making it improving on know your customer (KYC) processes.
Speaking in an interview in Tamale, Mr. Yakubu-Tali said the digitalisation drive would further create a robust and resilient financial system, which will serve as catalyst for investments, job opportunities and wealth creation.
The Deputy Managing Director therefore appealed to Ghanaians to take full advantage of every aspect of the digitisation project in Ghana to make life easy.
- 3 ECG employees charged for stealing ¢2.1m prepaid credits
- Yul Edochie and wife May lose first son
- No one from Ghana’s film industry approached me while I was here – Spike Lee
- Martin Amidu on Anas: ‘Genuine anti-corruption crusaders don’t hide behind masks’
- Power outages imminent as Ghana Gas shuts down Atuabo gas processing plant from April 1
- Davido confirms he’s married to Chioma
- Ambulance case: Court orders Ato Forson to open defence
- Parliamentary committee recommends passage of controversial Anti-LGBTQ bill
- Political appointees at Presidency increases to 361
- Ashanti NDC refutes allegations of wearing military uniforms on campaign tour
- Dogboe v Ramirez – Dogboe’ s trainer chasing history
- Donald Trump indictment: Ex-US president to be charged over hush money
- WMO retires deadly cyclone Fiona and Ian from list of names
- 5 member committee investigating Kejetia Market fire starts with fact-finding mission
- UBA Ghana holds first quarter ‘Jogging To Bond’
- Playback: PM Express discuss how to restore capital market after DDEP
- Kuami Eugene offers budding musicians tips for Joy Prime’s ‘Cues & Lyrics’ audition
- Mercy Chinwo threatens musician with ₦2bn lawsuit after he used her name in song
- Mastercard Foundation Health Collaborative allocates $1 million for prospective entrepreneurs
- We’ll pay outstanding debt despite inheriting it – Electrochem
- Lawyer for Jonathan Majors shares alleged texts from woman involved in actor’s assault arrest
- Inaki is not scoring for Ghana because he plays with a No.10 who loves to score – Ignatius Osei Fosu
- Desist from gifting out cedi bouquets, hampers; it is illegal – BoG warns
- Pass outstanding revenue bills – Youth in Accountable Governance to Parliament
- Joint Paper by KAIPTC researchers wins global prize