The Association of International Certified Professional Accountants, representing the American Institute of CPAs and The Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (AICPA & CIMA), has awarded 99 Ghanaian accounting and finance professionals with the Chartered Global Management Accountant (CGMA) designation.
The awards and member recognition ceremony was held at the British Council in Accra on 28 October 2022.
Amongst some of the notable new CGMA designation holders were the Deputy Commissioner of Police, Michael Nketia Frempong who serves as the Director General for Finance at the Ghana Police Service; and Deputy Commissioner of Immigration, Evelyn Lotsu who is the Financial Controller at the Ghana Immigration Service.
Paul Aninakwah, ACMA, CGMA, Country Director for Ghana, Benin, Cameroon, and Sierra Leone, at the Association of International Certified Professional Accountants, representing AICPA & CIMA, said, “Awards and graduation ceremonies are very important to us as AICPA & CIMA, and I am happy that once again we have been able to acknowledge the achievements of our candidates and award a new group of future finance leaders with their CGMA designation.
Their new designatory letters are a passport to the next part of their journey as key advisers to businesses. Their CGMA designation and CIMA membership are recognised and trusted by many of the biggest and best-known employers around the world. And in an era where trust is undermined by uncertainty and misinformation, these give them and their skills credibility.”
Tariro Mutizwa, ACMA, CGMA, Regional Vice President – Africa at the Association of International Certified Professional Accountants, representing AICPA & CIMA, commented, “It is a pleasure to welcome new members in our extended family of over 689,000 AICPA and CIMA members, candidates and engaged professionals worldwide. Like any family, we are a very mixed group of people, with different backgrounds, from different countries, with diverse perspectives and opinions.
However, what we have in common are the values that underpin our work. We act with integrity and honesty, we provide and use accurate and objective information, and we conduct ourselves with fairness and impartiality. They reflect the highest standards of quality and professionalism, which are core to being a Chartered Global Management Accountant.”
Andrew Harding, FCMA, CGMA, Chief Executive – Management Accounting at the Association of International Certified Professional Accountants, representing AICPA & CIMA, added, “Today we are celebrating the accounting and finance professionals of tomorrow, those we entrust to forge a new path in times of unprecedented change and disruption.
These awards are a testament to their hard work and highlight the outstanding contributions they make to the profession and its future.”
The Association of International Certified Professional Accountants (the Association), representing AICPA & CIMA, advances the global accounting and finance profession through its work on behalf of 689,000 AICPA and CIMA members, students and engaged professionals in 196 countries and territories.
Together, we are the worldwide leader on public and management accounting issues through advocacy, support for the CPA license, the CGMA designation and specialised credentials, professional development and thought leadership. We build trust by empowering our members and engaged professionals with the knowledge and opportunities to be leaders in broadening prosperity for a more inclusive, sustainable and resilient future.
The American Institute of CPAs (AICPA), the world’s largest member association representing the CPA profession, sets ethical standards for its members and U.S. auditing standards for private companies, not-for-profit organisations, and federal, state and local governments.
It also develops and grades the Uniform CPA Examination and builds the pipeline of future talent for the public accounting profession.
The Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA) is the world’s leading and largest professional body of management accountants. CIMA works closely with employers and sponsors leading-edge research, constantly updating its professional qualification and professional experience requirements to ensure it remains the employer’s choice when recruiting financially trained business leaders.
- Ofori-Atta has learnt a bitter lesson – Bagbin on calls for Minister’s head
- Ghana’s Cardinal Richard Baawobr dies in Rome at 63
- How to let go of a married man, even if you still love him
- Ghana v South Korea: ‘Hunger’ amongst players making it difficult for me to make decisions – Otto Addo
- Norway Appeal Court dismisses appeal against Ghana in Oslo chancery building case
- Otto Addo picks Germany as favourite to win World Cup
- We have enough gold to exchange for oil – Deputy Energy Minister
- 2022 World Cup: Otto Addo wary of Son Heung-min threat ahead of South Korea clash
- 2022 World Cup: ‘We will see a passionate Black Stars against South Korea – Otto Addo
- Playback: The Probe discuss Ghana’s gold-for-oil barter
- UBA Ghana equips SMEs to maximise business growth
- UPSA Law School Diplomatic Dialogue Series comes off on Nov. 30
- Africa needs new strategic framework for industrialisation – Alan Kyerematen
- Ghanaian plastic surgeon awarded US President’s Volunteer Service Award
- 2022 World Cup: Black Stars enjoy morning walk ahead of South Korea clash
- YEA partners with Prisons Service to recruit 2000 personnel as Prison Office Assistants
- Teachers and students at Sandema embrace STEM Bootcamp
- Ghana’s domestic debt restructuring options: debt ‘haircut’, debt reprofiling or combination of both
- We can’t live in a world where dogs eat children
- Huawei signs global ITU pledge to connect 120 million people in remote areas to digital world
- Leo Ackon: A Christian perspective on Ghana’s current economic situation
- High Court to give judgement on Ato Essien, 2 others on December 1, 2022
- Crises of inequality – Eradicating injustice to ensure more inclusive, sustainable economy
- Behind the voice: An interview with TikTok’s text-to-speech actress
- Let’s work to maintain Ghana’s peace and security – Akufo-Addo