Minority Leader, Haruna Iddrisu, has urged President Akufo-Addo to initiate engagement on solutions to Ghana’s economic quagmire.
According to him, the President should call the political echelons of the country to share ideas across board in order to rescue the nation before the situation becomes worse.
Haruna Iddrisu who was speaking on the economic crisis in the country, particularly in relation to the debt exchange exercise, on Joynews’ PM Expresss, noted that if immediate action is not taken the situation could worsen and the country would be faced with a national security problem.
Likening the current state of the economy and the Akufo-Addo-led administration to a blind man stuck in a dark room, he emphasized that without a bipartisan, transparent engagement, Ghana like the blind man may never make it out of the “dark room.”
“When President Nana Addo Dankwa appears before Parliament, we expect him to come and present the sorry state of the union to us, the disappointing state of our economy. You can liken the Ghanaian economy today and the rule of President Nana Addo Dankwa to a blind man in a dark room; no door, no windows and is being asked to walk out. How do we walk out of this crisis?
“If I were President Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo I would engage. I would call the political echelons of this country in order that we will all bring ideas on board. Now again, you just hear Ken Ofori-Atta where are the other members and representatives of government?” he said.
Meanwhile, he has indicated the willingness of the Minority to cooperate and participate in the engagement as long as they are invited to do so.
- Akufo-Addo swears in 3 new members of Electoral Commission
- ECG disconnects power to Ho Airport, GRA over debt
- Fella Makafui reacts after Twitter user accuses her of ‘sleeping’ with Medikal’s ex-manager
- Overborrowing is one of Akufo-Addo’s biggest mistakes – Prof Adei
- ‘Western Togoland’: 5 secessionists handed 5 years in jail each
- Ludacris hangs out with Sarkodie in Ghana, fans speculate new music
- Ghana v Angola: Kingsley Schindler replaces injured Tariq Lamptey
- Cedi may record mixed performance to dollar this week
- Putin says ties with Africa a priority to Moscow
- GALLERY: Best pictures from Black Stars training at Accra Sports Stadium on Monday
- AFCON 2023Q: Goalpost collapses and injures Wollacott in training
- Ghana’s economy is still afloat because of Alan Kyerematen’s vision – Buaben Asamoah
- Intimidation of journalists is on the rise – Kweku Andoh Awotwi
- I have already won Ayawaso West Wuogon NDC primaries – Fred Nuamah
- Playback: One-one-on with Managing Director of ECG on PM Express
- EC has become an annex of the NPP – Sammy Gyamfi
- If you move right, you don’t need 10 shows to be okay – Kelvyn Boy
- Akufo-Addo is packing EC with known NPP members – Kofi Adams
- 3 JoyNews journalists win big at Merck Foundation 2022 Media Recognition Awards
- I want to be President to build a new Ghana –Kwaku Kobeah
- Essence of marketing is creation of strong brands – Nsarkoh
- Christiana Awuni explains why ‘slay queens’ can’t quit having body enhancement surgeries
- Spend wisely, desist from expensive borrowing – GSE boss to government
- GOIL supports Appiatse Disaster Fund
- Headmasters can’t stop students from reporting to school over prospectus – Education Minister tells parents