President Akufo-Addo has extended warm greetings to all Muslims as the world celebrates Eid Ul-Adha today.
According to him the celebration of the sacrifice of Prophet Ibrahim should impact Ghanaians to do same for the progress and prosperity of the country.
“As we celebrate Edi ul-Adha, I send, on behalf of my wife, Rebecca, my daughters and grandchildren, and the Government, warm greetings to all Muslims in Ghana and around the world.
“The sacrifice of Prophet Ibrahim, which we celebrate today, must spur us on to sacrifice for the progress and prosperity of our country. Sacrificing for our country means giving of our best in our various areas of endeavour, and making the national interest paramount in whatever we do,” the President said.
The President also called on the Muslim Ummah in Ghana to remember the country in prayer as well as guidance and wisdom.
“I ask the Muslim Ummah in Ghana to remember our nation in prayer; and also pray for wisdom and guidance for me and for members of my government, so that we can steer the ship of state in a manner that allows us to navigate the stormy and turbulent economic challenges that confront our nation and the world,” the President added.
Eid al-Adha, is also known as the ‘festival of sacrifice’ and is celebrated on the 10th day of Dhu al-Hijjah, the 12th month of the Islamic or lunar calendar.
- 3 ECG employees charged for stealing ¢2.1m prepaid credits
- Yul Edochie and wife May lose first son
- No one from Ghana’s film industry approached me while I was here – Spike Lee
- Martin Amidu on Anas: ‘Genuine anti-corruption crusaders don’t hide behind masks’
- Power outages imminent as Ghana Gas shuts down Atuabo gas processing plant from April 1
- Davido confirms he’s married to Chioma
- Parliamentary committee recommends passage of controversial Anti-LGBTQ bill
- Ambulance case: Court orders Ato Forson to open defence
- Political appointees at Presidency increases to 361
- Ashanti NDC refutes allegations of wearing military uniforms on campaign tour
- Beige Bank collapse: Witness accuses Nyinaku of taking bank’s US$200,000 illegally
- Green Sports Academy wishes Isaac Dogboe well ahead of WBO featherweight title fight
- Dogboe v Ramirez – Dogboe’ s trainer chasing history
- Donald Trump indictment: Ex-US president to be charged over hush money
- WMO retires deadly cyclone Fiona and Ian from list of names
- 5 member committee investigating Kejetia Market fire starts with fact-finding mission
- UBA Ghana holds first quarter ‘Jogging To Bond’
- Playback: PM Express discuss how to restore capital market after DDEP
- Kuami Eugene offers budding musicians tips for Joy Prime’s ‘Cues & Lyrics’ audition
- Mercy Chinwo threatens musician with ₦2bn lawsuit after he used her name in song
- Mastercard Foundation Health Collaborative allocates $1 million for prospective entrepreneurs
- We’ll pay outstanding debt despite inheriting it – Electrochem
- Lawyer for Jonathan Majors shares alleged texts from woman involved in actor’s assault arrest
- Inaki is not scoring for Ghana because he plays with a No.10 who loves to score – Ignatius Osei Fosu
- Desist from gifting out cedi bouquets, hampers; it is illegal – BoG warns