Zoomlion Ghana Limited is projecting that by the end of 2021 every household in its operational area will have a litter bin.
This is expected to help the communities reduce littering and remain clean.
It is also aimed at assisting Zoomlion collect waste with ease.
Speaking to the media at the climax of their annual thanksgiving service, Northern Regional Manager for Zoomlion Ghana Limited, Peter Dawuni said that, indiscriminate dumping of waste in Ghana will no longer be tolerated.
He appealed to the people of the Northern Region to purchase their bins, adding that the bins will come in two types; 240 and 120 litter.
Mr Dawuni said once anyone expresses interest, they will be taken through the process of acquiring one.
He also mentioned that the company will be celebrating a thanksgiving service as it forms an important activity on the sanitation giant’s calendar.
Mr. Dawuni revealed that, during the one-week celebration of thanksgiving, managers of the company, as well as workers from far and near, will be urged to participate in all activities.
Mr. Dawuni expressed his gratitude to stakeholders, various Metropolitan, Municipal and District Assemblies (MMDAs), Regional Ministers, Chief Imams, and all concerned citizens who have contributed to the achievement of their work.
He also appealed to the general public to keep their surroundings clean because sanitation is not an endless exercise but a continuous one.
The thanksgiving would take place in all 260 Municipal Metropolitan District Assemblies (MMDA) across the country.
- 30 communities in Central and Greater Accra Regions to experience ‘dumsor’
- ‘I dread pain and abuse’ – A female head porter opens up on her daily trauma
- #FixTheCountry: Mere speeches won’t cut it, people want something substantive – Protestors tell Finance Minister
- Government will address issues raised by #FixTheCountry conveners – Ofori-Atta
- Old students of Wesley Girls refute claims of banning a specific religious group from fasting
- Francis-Xavier Sosu: CNN interview – Akufo-Addo lied or has lost touch with reality in Ghana
- Debt increase of 137% between 2016 and 2020 lower than previous administrations – Ofori-Atta
- ‘Government is either feigning incompetence on the point of how we fix structures or is pretending to fix them’ – Barker-Vormawor
- #FixTheCountry: If all we need is patience, then government is misreading our demand – Barker-Vormawor
- CID probes 53 schools over alleged corruption in school feeding programme; GES directs co-operation
Six robbers attack gold merchant opposite police station at Nkaseim
HIV/AIDs cases on the rise in Ada – Health Director
Accused persons urged to read and understand charges against them
Posthumous DMX album, ‘Exodus’, set for May 28 release
I’m not a suspect in my fiancée’s death investigation — AKA
One dead as 2 brothers clash over plantain
Some religious leaders quote scriptures to support child marriage – NGO reveals
Children below five must go for routine check-ups
ECOWAS must build synergies to achieve food security – Bawumia
Ecole Ronsard holds panel discussion to celebrate Mother’s Day
GCB Bank records significant growth in first quarter
Stephen Appiah excludes Asamoah Gyan from his list of best Ghanaian players
Traders helpless as fire razes part of Kantamanto timber market
Adina shares touching tale of how her mother saved her life
Isaac Piyouri: Africa’s Cashew industry – Retrospection 2020 and Projecting into 2021 Season