A Namibian musician has told the BBC that all musicians are benefitting from the success of Afrobeats worldwide, saying he never would have imaged his music would play in some countries like Brazil – but it does.
“I’m grateful that my brothers and sisters are just opening more doors for us,” Florito said.
Born in Luanda to Angolan parents, he makes music that mixes Afrobeats, Amapiano and Kwaito influences.
He has released some big collaborations with Namibian veteran Gazza on the track Pull Up, and with Nigerian artist BNXN, formerly known as Buju, on his recent hit Stamina.
What’s more, his hit song Dalilah has received shout-outs from big stars like Wizkid and Diamond Platnumz.
“Actually Dalilah is my ex-girlfriend. At that time I was with her. So I was at the studio with some friends, and my producer played the Dalilah beat. I started creating melodies and I recorded the song in two hours.”
He’s currently working on an EP with seven tracks and is shooting videos in both Angola and Nigeria.
“The future is bright. It’s going to be a beautiful year for me and my fans because I’m going to be releasing more music,” he said.
- CalBank denies MD exit
- Corruption is the deadliest disease to ever hit Ghana – Domelevo
- #OccupyJulorbiHouse protest: NMC, Amnesty International Ghana condemn Police brutality
- #OccupyJulorBiHouse: IGP Dampare just lost it, he’s just protecting ‘corrupt’ Akufo-Addo – Martin Kpebu
- Government must pay attention to issues plaguing creative arts industry – D-Black
- Without guarantor system, EC would’ve disenfranchised many eligible voters – Omane Boamah
- Nana Krobea Asante unhappy about Ghana’s decline in peace ranking
- OccupyGhana condemns arrests of peaceful demonstrators
- #OccupJulorbiHouse: Citizens’ rights above that of President, IGP – Kofi Bentil
- Parts of Accra flooded during Friday’s downpour
- Journalists Sanctuary International condemns latest police brutality against journalists in Ghana
- EU, SNV Ghana, Government convinced of green entrepreneurship potential
- Ko-Jo Cue teases new single with Joey B
- Pastor Eastwood Anaba’s Days of Wonder Conference illuminates Houston
- Volta Regional Gender Department calls for support for women