Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson will host a new concert aimed at tackling Covid-19.
Global Citizen and the European Commission announced on Monday that “Global Goal: Unite for Our Future — The Concert” will stream on June 27.
The show will celebrate innovators, scientists, health workers, activists and organizations working to develop and distribute Covid-19 tests, treatments and vaccines, with the goal of highlighting the disproportionate impact of the pandemic on marginalized communities.
View this post on Instagram
We’re excited to announce the #GlobalGoalUnite Concert, hosted by @therock! Tune in on June 27 for an event featuring artists, world leaders, scientists, and more are all uniting to ensure that everyone, everywhere has equal access to COVID-19 healthcare. Head to the link in our bio to learn more.
Chloe x Halle, Christine and the Queens, Coldplay, J Balvin, Jennifer Hudson, Justin Bieber and Quavo, Miley Cyrus, Shakira, Usher and Yemi Alade are among the artists scheduled to perform throughout the two-hour virtual broadcast.
Also appearing will be Billy Porter, Charlize Theron, Chris Rock, David Beckham, Derrick Johnson, Diane Kruger, Forest Whitaker, Hugh Jackman, Ken Jeong, Kerry Washington, Olivia Colman, Salma Hayek Pinault and more.
In April, Global Citizen and the World Health Organization threw a virtual benefit concert curated by Lady Gaga, “One World: Together At Home.” The event featured Jimmy Fallon, Jimmy Kimmel, Stephen Colbert. Alanis Morissette, Andrea Bocelli, Billie Eilish and many others.
- Election 2020: It is absolutely preposterous to think NDC didn’t collate its results – Afriyie Ankrah
- Headmaster found hanging dead from a tree behind his house in Techiman
- 5 Ghanaians arrested in Dubai for smuggling weed; one jailed for 10 years
- SSNIT OBS scandal: State sues Ernest Thompson, 4 others again
- Nana Agradaa re-arrested after being granted bail
- Power providers can’t guarantee consistency with ‘dumsor’ timetable – Energy Analyst
- Rastafarian case: Achimota School fails to respond to suit, case adjourned to April 30
- Ghana to experience buoyant economic growth in 2nd half-year – Fitch Solutions
- Suspend prospecting activities in all forest reserves – Lands Minister directs
- There’s no scientific evidence that Free SHS led to success in WASSCE – Peter Anti
Election 2020: NDC pink sheets digitised
Ghana-Burkina Railway Interconnectivity project to begin 2022; 3 bidders shortlisted
Environmental unsustainability may impair Ghana’s economic growth if… – World Bank
Today’s front pages: Friday, April 23, 2021
Message from the Morning Man: A Good Name
Government expects recommendations from technical committee on minimum wage in two weeks
Abandon agenda 111 hospitals to resource NHIS – Abekah-Nkrumah tells government
I was the least expected candidate – John Kumah speaks on his deputy ministerial appointment
Rastafarian Saga: Achimota, all schools under GES cannot be sued – Attorney-General
Court jails labourer 15 years for defiling girl, two
Tema residents laud closure of 49 TV station
Joe Ghartey files appeal against Sekondi High Court’s ruling
GRA to establish Tax Court to determine tax evasion cases
Muslim inmates of Bawku Prison receive food
Yaw Sarpong-Kumankuma: Why panic when solutions abound?