Gunmen attacked and set ablaze a police station in South-East Nigeria on Tuesday hours after Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo’s visit to assess the damage from an earlier raid.
Prof Osinbajo had earlier visited the area to assess the damage from the Monday attack on a prison and local police headquarters in Imo’s state capital, Owerri.
A police spokesman who confirmed the attack said here were no casualties on their side and no arms were lost – but three vehicles were burnt in the attack.
During his visit on Tuesday, Prof Osinbajo had condemned the attack on the prison where gunmen set free over 1,800 prisoners and burnt buildings and cars.
He expressed sadness over the attack, warning that “the path of violence can only lead to disaster”.
In recent times, there have been a series of attacks on the police, with arms being taken away by gunmen.
- Special Prosecutor secures court order to arrest Charles Bissue
- Charles Bissue will not turn himself in despite court order for his arrest – Lawyer
- Saglemi: Former Housing Ministry Chief Director wheeled to court to face 43 criminal charges
- Court of Appeal Judge to be investigated for ‘suspicious ruling’
- Ken Ansah wins CEO of the Year again but transfers praise to his talented team
- Gold for Oil policy cornering BDCs – Dr. Ofori
- Contact NCA if you are without Ghana Card and your SIM has been deactivated – Ursula
- Ras Nene confronts Achimota Mall security for stopping his team from filming
- Playback: Burial service of The Multimedia Group’s Lead Camera Technician Modestus Zame
- 2022/23 GPL final day: Medeama and Bechem title tug of war, Hearts of Oak’s relegation threat
- Man arrested after attacking pastor in church over ‘fake prophecy’
- BET Awards 2023 nominations announced; Drake takes the lead with 7 nods
- Ghana may find it difficult to get debt relief of $10.5bn – Theo Acheampong
- The Multimedia Group’s Lead Camera Technician, Modestus Zame laid to rest
- External debt suspension helped current account balance into surplus
- Camidoh releases ‘LITA’ mixtape
- Tourists watch Russian man get devoured by shark on Egypt beach
- 32 Ghanaians selected for 2023 Mandela Washington Fellowship
- Akufo-Addo reiterates commitment to protecting environment at Green Ghana Day
- As Ghanaians take climate action in planting 10million trees in a day
- Champions League final: Simone Inzaghi – the ‘nice guy’ who turned Inter Milan fortunes around
- Eugene Osei Tutu: Taxing the Blood; Reusable Pads is the surest way to end Period Poverty
- Manchester City: ‘Hysterical and ‘hated at times’ – Pep Guardiola is already the greatest
- Minority warns against turning Green Ghana Day events into corruption schemes
- Every Ghanaian must support Green Ghana Day – Chief of Staff