Audio By Carbonatix
British heavyweight Anthony Joshua’s defence of his IBF, WBA, WBO and IBO world titles against Bulgaria's Kubrat Pulev has been postponed.
The fight was scheduled to take place at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium on Saturday, 20 June.
A statement from Joshua’s promoter Matchroom Boxing said a new date for the fight "was being worked on".
Matchroom added it was "continuing to explore the possibility" of hosting the bout at the same venue at a later date.
Joshua, 30, has not fought since December, when he gained a unanimous points victory over Andy Ruiz Jr in Saudi Arabia to regain his belts after losing to the American-Mexican in New York last June.
Pulev, 38, is the mandatory challenger to Joshua's IBF belt. He was scheduled to fight Joshua in October 2017 at Cardiff's Principality Stadium but had to withdraw less than two weeks before the bout because of a shoulder injury.
All fights overseen by the British Boxing Board of Control until the end of May have been suspended because of the coronavirus pandemic.
Promoter Eddie Hearn had previously said Joshua v Pulev could be moved to July because of the uncertainty of when Tottenham's remaining home Premier League matches would be played.
The statement from Matchroom Boxing comes shortly after the Premier League announced that the football season would be suspended indefinitely.
Britain's Tyson Fury, the holder of the WBC heavyweight belt - the only one Joshua does not hold - is contractually obliged to have a third match with American Deontay Wilder.
Fury beat Wilder with a seventh-round technical knockout in Las Vegas in February and promoter Frank Warren has said they could fight again in October.
Latest Stories
-
Bawumia urges NPP youth to prepare for leadership ahead of 2028 elections
1 minute -
Quitting banking for cleaning; Mary Anane Awuku’s bold career shift
2 minutes -
Health Minister dismisses ‘scam’ claims over recruitment portal amid heavy traffic
7 minutes -
The Rebirth of legal education in Ghana: Understanding the Legal education Act, 2026 (Act 1170)
10 minutes -
Latvian PM resigns after row over stray Ukrainian drones
13 minutes -
Otumfuo backs Ghana Sports Fund, calls for broader sports development and national fitness drive
14 minutes -
Photos: Mahama delivers remarks at Africa Forward Summit in Nairobi
15 minutes -
I wanted to be an air hostess – Mary Anane Awuku
16 minutes -
‘I used to hawk after school to support my family’ – Mary Awuku recounts childhood hustle
20 minutes -
Big Ghun, Doreen Avio to hold Scarlett Unveiled auditions on May 23
25 minutes -
More than 61,000 students to sit 2026 TVET examinations nationwide
35 minutes -
Organisations, individuals must embrace energy efficiency to manage costs, others – Deloitte Consulting Partner
1 hour -
Telecoms chamber raises alarm over 8,000 annual fibre cuts in Ghana
1 hour -
Bono East Minister advocates expansion of carbon credit activities to reduce emissions
1 hour -
Why stay interviews matter more than exit interviews
1 hour