Ashanti Gold chief executive officer Frederick Acheampong has parted ways with the club, he announced on Thursday.
The young administrator leaves the post after two years at the helm of affairs.
He succeeded Cudjoe Fianoo, who left the role following a takeover of the club from Anglo Gold Ashanti by business mogul Dr. Kwaku ‘Champion’ Frimpong.
“End of a golden road,” Acheampong announced on social media.
“I have tendered in my resignation as CEO of Ashanti Gold SC effective 30th April 2020.
The reason for Acheampong’s resignation is not known.
Under his management, AshGold won the Ghana FA special competition tier two cup and played in the Caf Confederation Cup.
In October last year, he was voted onto the Executive Council of the Ghana Football Association.
“I have grown and learnt immensely at the club but it’s time to move on for personal reasons.
“Thanks Champion, the club and supporters for the opportunity.”
- She circulated my nudes because I refused to break up with ‘our’ boyfriend
- Saglemi Scandal: How the same consultancy service was allegedly awarded 3 times for $13m
- Saglemi scandal: Funds were not directly given to me, they were spent by Finance Ministry – Collins Dauda
- Ghana will not default in repaying debt; but classified as highly debt distress country – IMF
- Police Constable allegedly murdered in cold blood by boyfriend in Damongo
- University of Ghana students bear brunt as UTAG strike kicks in
- Anti-LGBTQ+ Bill: Ghana treading on slippery slope, I doubt Akufo-Addo will assent to it – H. Kwasi Prempeh
- Alleged $5m CJ bribe: Ogyeedom’s lawyer drags GLC to Court
- ECG on warpath with GRIDCo over its decision to sell power for industrial use
- Actor, Jay Pickett dies on set
Ashaiman records 1,185 Covid-19 cases – Municipal Health Director
Western Region Forestry Commission announces ‘closed season’ for hunting
Many cocoa farmers can’t afford new farming techniques – Research
Policewoman stabbed to death at Damongo
‘Be creative and innovative as you enter the job market’ – Bono East Minister to NSS personnel
Tokyo 2020: Youth and Sports Minister announces package for Team Ghana
EduSpots to distribute 28,000 books across 40 communities in 15 regions
Tema to host Masquerade Carnival in December
Investigate vandalism at Bogoso Prestea Mines – Wassa East MP
Bill and Melinda Gates finalize their divorce
2021 Census: 99% of households counted, exercise ends August 8
Sunyani Traditional Council enstools Nana Akosua Dua Asor Brayie II as Paramount Queen-mother
Election-related expenditure reason for high debt, not Covid-19 – Felix Kwakye Ofosu
Shirley Frimpong-Manso tells the Ghanaian love story with her first telenovela, Dede
Filing an appeal isn’t stay of execution, you can’t hold yourself as MP – Nana Boakye tells Gyaakye Quayson