The Arts and Tourism Writers Association of Ghana (ATWAG), will be having a forum on the state of the Ghanaian creative arts sector on Tuesday, August 18, 2020.
The forum which will be in a form of a webinar will be held from 3pm to 5pm via zoom.
This move is in tandem with the quest of the association to engage with stakeholders of the arts, tourism and culture sectors, to know how they are faring, ask questions, and proffer ideas to them.
Mark Okraku Mantey, the Interim President of the Creative Arts Council will walk the members through the operations of the arts sector.
This is just one of the activities lined up by ATWAG for the rest of the year.
There will also be separate webinars on culture, tourism, good writing skills and blogging, in the course of the year.
Apart from these, ATWAG has planned, as part of the activities, to hold an encounter with the political parties later in the year. This will be a platform to engage the political parties on what they have in their manifestos for the arts.
The Arts and Tourism Writers Association of Ghana (ATWAG) is an association of Ghanaian arts writers/journalists and media workers.
ATWAG seeks to promote arts, tourism and culture reporting in Ghana while developing the professional capacity and the welfare of its members.
ATWAG is also aimed at promoting co-operation and collaboration among its members and players in the arts, tourism and culture value chain.
- #FixTheCountry agitators have no leaders – Barker-Vormawor
- 5 feared dead, 15 injured in accident on Accra-Tema motorway
- Wesley Girls’ SHS ‘no fasting” policy, strictly for health reasons – Old students
- Ramadan: UDS Dean of Education condemns Wesley Girls SHS management
- Companies continue to export rosewood to China despite ban – Inusah Fuseini
- Over 200 police personnel deployed to enforce mining directives across Ghana
- Why I rejected over ¢700k bribe – Anti-galamsey taskforce member
- Ghana’s 4x100m men’s relay team set to pitch camp in Europe ahead of Olympics
- Ramadan: Exercise restraint and circumspection in your comments – Peace Council to all stakeholders
- Claims of fasting affecting health unfounded – Islamic Medical Association, Ghana
Don’t depend on your children when you retire, its a money mistake – EDC boss
#FixTheCountry: Any Ghanaian who has a problem with campaign must have citizenship revoked – Sam George
Ecobank and TANOE WomanRising organise business clinic for women-owned and women-focused businesses
Ecobank shareholders to get 55 pesewas per share as dividend
Bolt launches its car-sharing service Bolt Drive
2 teenagers jailed for life after killing Italian police officer
Nigerian model Adetutu OJ unmasks married man who offered N500k for sex
Blunt and Blay: Finding ‘silence’ for Auntie Ohene from uncle Sam’s ‘noise’
Far from silence, we suffer a culture of noise – Elizabeth Ohene
Some celebrities give hope while others give excuses for #FixTheCountry
Seatbelt has saved me 3 times – Alban Bagbin
Nigeria kidnappers free 27 college students
Zulu Kingship: Royals and rebels fight for throne
Election 2020: EC saved Ghana $90m as compared to 2016 election – Bossman Asare
Pupils in Adaklu admonished to utilise ultramodern ICT lab to develop skill