Information Minister, Kojo Oppong Nkrumah has urged the newly inaugurated Board of the Ghana Publishing Company Limited (GPCL) to consolidate the gains made so far and be an example of excellence of a state-owned enterprise (SOE) for publication of literary works in Ghana and West Africa.
The Minister charged the new board to complete processes towards the establishment of a Security Printing Project, which was started by the previous GPCL Board and embrace digitisation in its operations to improve efficiency.
At the inauguration of a seven-member board of directors in Accra on Thursday, Mr Oppong Nkrumah said the strength of GPCL weaned, but it had improved tremendously over the past four years.
He thus, tasked the board to sustain and consolidate the gains made by increasing the volumes of businesses received.
Additionally, he urged the GPCL to establish a fully-fledged publishing division and improve on the corporate governance culture to ensure profitability.
He pledged the full support of the Ministry and that of the State Interest and Governance Authority (SIGA), which supervises its operation to ensure that GPCL accomplished its constitutional mandate.
The Board Chair, Dr Daniel Owusu-Ansah, on behalf of the Board, thanked the President for the confidence reposed in them and pledged to building a modern publishing firm.
He gave the assurance that it would become a reference point in publications and distribution of literary works in the sub-region.
Other members of the board include David Boateng Asante, the Managing Director of GPCL, Paul Twum-Barimah, Madam Lawuratu Musah-Saaka, Isaac Kofi Appiah and Beatrice Barwuah.
- Court of Appeal Judge to be investigated for ‘suspicious ruling’
- Ras Nene confronts Achimota Mall security for stopping his team from filming
- Ghana returns to gold top spot as output jumps 32%
- Gold for Oil policy cornering BDCs – Dr. Ofori
- The Multimedia Group’s Lead Camera Technician, Modestus Zame laid to rest
- Tourists watch Russian man get devoured by shark on Egypt beach
- 2022/23 GPL final day: Medeama and Bechem title tug of war, Hearts of Oak’s relegation threat
- Playback: Burial service of The Multimedia Group’s Lead Camera Technician Modestus Zame
- Minority warns against turning Green Ghana Day events into corruption schemes
- ‘Spiritualist’ on trial for allegedly defrauding client of GHȼ85,000
- Vice President Bawumia has never held British or any other citizenship – Gideon Boako
- Life lounge with Edem Knight-Tay: Only because she is a woman
- I’ve been forced out over Partygate report – Boris Johnson
- 2023 AFCONQ: Chris Hughton replaces injured Alexander Djiku with Kasim Adams
- Media Coalition Against Galamsey frustrated at non-prosecution of Akonta Mining directors
- ISSER recommends adoption of electric vehicles to achieve a low-carbon transport sector
- Prof Frimpong Boateng is a role model for fighting ‘galamsey’, follow his examples – German Ambassador urges Ghanaians
- Special Prosecutor is guest on Newsfile on Saturday, June 10
- Unemployment in Ghana is highest among female youth – ISSER report reveals alarming disparities
- GrEEn project plants 2,000 trees in Ashanti and Western regions
- Asantehene leads tree planting in Kumasi as part of Green Ghana Day initiative
- Johnnie Walker Black Label and Red Label ‘step out of boxes’
- Sankalp West Africa Summit 2023 on entrepreneurship slated for June 12
- French Open 2023: Novak Djokovic through to final after Carlos Alcaraz injury
- Man Utd owners spoke to PSG chairman about Sheikh Jassim bin Hamad Al Thani’s bid