Audio By Carbonatix
The top three finishers of the Beijing half marathon have been stripped of their medals following an investigation into the controversial result.
It was alleged that the three African athletes deliberately allowed China's star runner He Jie to win Sunday's race
Footage appeared, external to show Kenya's Robert Keter and Willy Mnangat and Ethiopia's Dejene Hailu pointing to the line and slowing down to wave He past.
Mnangat told the BBC that the trio ran as pacemakers.
But the race's organising committee, who led the investigation, said that none of the three had been officially registered as pacemakers for He, so their actions breached the competition rules.
The committee said "all trophies, medals and bonuses will be recovered".

China's state broadcaster CCTV also reported that all four had been "punished" and their results had been cancelled.
After the race, the Chinese Athletics Association said it would seek to improve the organisation of road running events in the country.
"In general, the overall operation of road running events has been smooth," it said in a statement.
"But problems in the organisation and management of the events have also been exposed, which has aroused widespread concern."
China's He won marathon gold at the 2023 Asian Games in Hangzhou and is his country's record holder for the full marathon.
Latest Stories
-
Specialised high court division to be staffed with trained Judges from court of appeal — Judicial Secretary
25 minutes -
Special courts will deliver faster, fairer justice — Judicial Secretary
43 minutes -
A decade of dance and a bold 10K dream as Vivies Academy marks 10 years
1 hour -
GCB’s Linus Kumi: Partnership with Ghana Sports Fund focused on building enduring systems
2 hours -
Sports is preventive healthcare and a wealth engine for Ghana – Dr David Kofi Wuaku
2 hours -
Ghana Sports Fund Deputy Administrator applauds GCB’s practical training for staff
2 hours -
Ghana Sports Fund strengthens institutional framework with GCB Bank strategic partnership
2 hours -
UBIDS to Complete Abandoned Projects Following GETFund Financial Clearance – Vice Chancellor
2 hours -
Nii Moi Thompson questions Anokye Frimpong’s ‘distorted history’ narratives
3 hours -
Anthony O’Neal set to receive Ghanaian citizenship, prepares to launch ‘Class on the Bus’ Initiative
3 hours -
South Tongu MP inspects GH₵500,000 surgical equipment, supports District Court with logistics
4 hours -
Kpasec 2003 Year Group hosts garden party to rekindle bonds and inspire legacy giving
6 hours -
Financing barriers slowing microgrid expansion in Ghana -Energy Minister
6 hours -
Ghana’s Ambassador to Italy Mona Quartey presents Letters of Credence to Pres. Mattarella
6 hours -
KOSA 2003 Year Group unveils GH¢10m classroom project at fundraising event
6 hours
