Betway teamed up with the Ghana League Clubs Association (GHALCA) to organize a seminar for Division One League teams in the Northern Sector.
The seminar, which is an initiative to equip clubs with the needed knowledge from various stakeholders’ forms part of ‘Betway Up’, a community support program being run by Betway Ghana.
The event was undertaken in sessions with resource persons lecturing on some topical issues about how clubs can enhance their operations to maximize positive results both on and off the pitch.
The program took place at the Golden Bean Hotel, Kumasi and drew participants from Division One League Clubs within the Northern Sector of the Ghana Football map.
The session was opened by GHALCA Chairman Kudjoe Fianoo, who touched on the essence of the gathering. The veteran football administrator urged the participants to take the lectures seriously and also apply the knowledge shared.
Subsequently, Ghanaian football legend Stephen Appiah, who doubles as a Betway ambassador engaged the participants; encouraging them to keep pushing beyond their limits to excel at their respective clubs.
Didi Dramani, a former national team Coach took participants through the various aspects of scouting and the respective indicators and predictors to consider before embarking on such an exercise.
Sports Journalist and Digital Media Expert Michael Oti Adjei also took participants through sessions about the era of digital media and how clubs can tap into the numerous benefits the field offers the footballing world.
The event was climaxed with revered Sports Scientist cum Exercise Medicine Specialist, Dr Chidi Aniemena-George. He lectured on the various aspect of sports psychology and physiology. Sessions were also done for participants on the allowed and not allowed as regards what to eat before, during and after games.
Through Betway’s collaboration with GHALCA, they have previously held skill-sharing seminars for Premier League and Women’s League Clubs in Ghana. Betway Up and GHALCA in the coming weeks will again engage other division one league clubs in the southern sector through similar skill-sharing seminars.
- Social media reacts to how youth hooted at Akufo-Addo during concert
- Apart from some senior players, no one is guaranteed a place – Andre Ayew on Ghana’s World Cup squad
- NDC orchestrated the heckling of Akufo-Addo at Global Citizen Festival – NPP
- 23,495 Ghanaians test positive for HIV in 6 months
- Bagbin has not resigned from Ghana Bar Association – Dafeamekpor
- Black Stars arrive to rousing welcome in Spain ahead of Nicaragua friendly
- Frontiers Contract contains information we cannot disclose – Ghana Airports Company Ltd
- Ghana’s programme will focus heavily on debt sustainability – IMF
- ‘Stop the foolhardiness, Akufo-Addo’s booing at Global Citizen Festival wasn’t orchestrated’ – Stan Dogbe tells NPP
- Parliament approves fees for “access” to information
- Financial inclusion and enterprise development empowering SMEs today for sustainable growth tomorrow
- Consensus building is needed at this point – Seth Terkper on Ghana’s IMF negotiation
- We need consensus building on debt restructuring process – Dr. Atuahene
- Release incarcerated KNUST students – Katanga Hall Alumni Association
- Establish a debt limit in the constitution to control borrowing – Dr. Atuahene
- Election 2024: If literates are failing, try illiterates – Kumchacha to Ghanaians
- 14-year-old pregnant girl, 23 others rescued from being trafficked to Côte d’Ivoire
- Wa killings: 18 arrested so far
- Education Minister congratulates Serwaa Kesse Girls’ SHS for winning 2022 National Business Pitch Competition
- I will choose Mahama over Akufo-Addo – Kumchacha
- Government begins second phase of discussions with IMF
- Halt the activities of Seven Seas salt company – Ketu South residents to government
- Livestream: PM Express discusses Ghana’s impending debt restructuring
- Ghana cannot avoid debt restructuring currently – Cassiel Ato Forson
- Super Clash: Asante Kotoko file complaint over officiating