Ghanaian youngster, Felix Afena-Gyan, has signed a new four-year deal with Italian side, AS Roma, the club has confirmed.
The Black Stars forward puts pen to paper on a new long-term deal which will see him stay at the club until 2026.
Afena-Gyan netted two times for Jose Mourinho’s side in 22 appearances during the 2021/22 season.
“I am really pleased to have signed this contract: every since I arrived at this club my aim was to reach the first-team and since I did that my life has changed a lot,” Afena-Gyan said after penning the deal.
“Now I need to just concentrate on continuing to improve, I am motived to start the new season in the best possible way.”
The General Manager of the club, Tiago Pinto, said the new deal will be an opportunity for the Ghanaian to continue his development at the club.
“Felix has vast room for improvement and has the opportunity to make the most of that potential under the guidance of Jose Mourinho, a coach who is pivotal to the development of our young players,” he said.
“This contract extension also represents another demonstration of how the link between our first-team squad and our academy setup continues to get stronger.”
- Akufo-Addo reshuffles ministers
- Businessman Ibrahim Mahama to fund treatment, education of former NSMQ ‘Shark’
- He said just the ‘tip’, but now I’m pregnant; the story of a university fresher
- GES, Education Ministry to release academic calendar for SHS
- Turkey Earthquakes: Christian Atsu can’t be located 24 hours after rescue
- 32-year-old nurse commits suicide in Kpasera, Savannah Region
- Turkey earthquake: “Huge and miraculous” – Christian Atsu’s local manager reacts to his rescue
- Haruna Iddrisu did not sell out NDC to us – Kyei-Mensah-Bonsu
- DDEP: Government grants 3-day administrative window for bondholders to complete processes
- Stonebwoy shares pictures of red carpet moments at 2023 Grammys
- Kwahu hene, others support Okwawu United Club 100 initiative
- Death toll in Turkey and Syria earthquakes rises to nearly 8,000
- Government forcing banks to coerce customers to accept DDEP – Senyo Hosi
- Oscars: Danielle Deadwyler claims Hollywood is ‘deeply impacted by racism’
- Turkey-Syria earthquake: Newborn baby pulled from collapsed building
- Harry and Meghan to be questioned in civil case
- Turkey Earthquakes: Christian Atsu can’t be located 24 hours after rescue – Family
- Nigerian bank workers use ladder to flee protesters
- Safety and security of investment is highest expectation businesses want from government – UKGCC Survey
- Man fined $900 over death of top journalist
- Today’s front pages: Wednesday, February 8, 2023
- It will be stinking hypocrisy for police to serve justice by criminalising free speech – Opare Addo
- Ghana’s oil profile under Akufo-Addo unprecedented – Energy Ministry tells Mahama
- LeBron James is NBA all-time scorer
- Shadrach Arloo: Pathologist labels asphyxiation, obstruction of airway by foreign body as cause of death