Prince Charles Dedjoe, a Business Executive accused of spousal murder, has filed an interlocutory injunction restraining his deceased wife’s family from burying her.
Dedjoe, in his injunction, said he was in custody, and that family cannot proceed with the burial and funeral rites of Lilian Dedjoe in his absence.
Father of the Deceased, Seth Charles Bladzu, informed the Madina Magistrate Court about injunction as the Court adjourned the matter to May 24.
According to him, he was seeking the Court’s permission to enable him to attend and respond to the injunction before the High Court on the said date.
Meanwhile, Captain Retired Nkrabeah Effah Darteh, counsel for Dedjoe, is also praying the Madina District Court to order the Police to furnish them with the statement of the children of the deceased to him to facilitate his filing of a second bail application at the High Court.
At today’s proceedings, Captain Rtd Effah Darteh said he found it strange for prosecution to say for the second time that they had not been served with application that would enable him get access to the children of the deceased investigation statements.
Defence counsel said the distance between the court’s Registry and the Prosecution was not much and wondered how long it would take a court bailiff to serve the prosecution with his motion that would enable his bail application also be relisted.
The prosecution’s case is that the complainant is the deceased’s father who is a retired administrator, residing at Sogakope in the Volta Region.
The prosecution said the 43-year-trader, now deceased, was married to the Dedjoe and they both lived at East Legon, Accra.
It said, for sometime now, Dedjo and the deceased’s relationship had been marred with some misunderstanding leading to conflicts between them.
The prosecution said on March 1, this year, a misunderstanding ensued between Dedjoe and Lilian and as a result, Dedjoe assaulted Lilian who sustained injuries and she went to the Madina Polyclinic for treatment.
It said when Lilian returned home, her condition deteriorated and on March 6, 2021, Lilian went into coma and was rushed to the Lister Hospital for treatment but was pronounced dead on arrival.
The prosecution said a report was made to the Police and Dedjoe was arrested.
It said, during investigations, Dedjoe admitted assaulting the deceased with slippers.
The prosecution said a postmortem examination is yet to be carried out on the deceased.
Dedjoe is facing a charge of murder.
The Madina District Court has preserved the plea of the Dedjoe and he has been remanded into lawful custody.
- ECG releases load shedding timetable for March 30 to April 7
- TikToker Ahuofe ‘Ghana Tupac’ dead
- Chief of Mujipe shot dead, son in critical condition
- Social media users react to TikToker Ahoufe’s death
- Larabanga Accident: Level 200 student dead, 3 others in critical condition
- BoG denies introduction of ¢500 coin, note
- Where’s the so-called excess capacity? – John Jinapor quizzes government over load shedding timetable
- Proposed taxes are draconian – Seth Terkper
- We will resume picketing if government fails to honour payment in 2-weeks – Pensioner bondholders
- Adom FM climaxes Ghana Month celebrations with splendid cultural durbar
- We need a hospital built purposely for Members of Parliament – Henry Quartey
- North Dayi District Assembly committed to improving livelihoods of PwDs – DCE
- High Court issues bench warrant for Savelugu MP
- Enterprise Group PLC appoints Keli Gadzekpo as Group Chairman
- We hope our colleagues will help pass the 3 tax measures – Oppong Nkrumah
- Justice system has not worked for Gyakye Quayson, Assin North constituents – Mahama
- Oscar Pistorius parole bid collapses in South Africa
- This Saturday on Newsfile
- Health officer in court for allegedly defiling two teenagers at Nkwanta
- Gbewaa College incurs over GHȻ7k debt weekly to feed teacher trainees – Principal
- GAEC partners EU, IAEA UNICRI to fight organised criminal activities
- What are we on earth for? – Henry Quartey mourns death of Kumawu MP
- Online safety: Fund seeks applicants for grant awards
- Music producer Kaywa loses mother
- The Multimedia Group’s Adom brand ends Ghana month with colourful cultural display