The Madina District Court has refused an application to grant bail Prince Charles Dedjoe, a businessman accused of allegedly beating his wife Lilian Dedjoe severely, resulting in her death.
Lawyer for the accused person Captain Nkrabea Effa Dartey (Rtd) argued in court that it had the capacity to admit the accused person to bail citing a judgement of the Supreme Court.
The prosecution opposed the application and prayed the court to refuse the bail application as they needed more time to continue their investigation.
The deceased who died on March 6, 2021, was allegedly beaten to death by her husband, Prince Charles Dedjoe.
Giving more details, State Prosecutor, Sergent Gidiglo said on March 1, 2021, an argument ensued between the couple, and as a result, the accused assaulted the deceased who sustained injuries. She subsequently went for treatment at the Madina Polyclinic.
When the deceased returned home, her condition deteriorated and on March 6, fell into a coma. Lillian Dedjoe was then rushed to Lister Hospital for treatment but was pronounced dead on arrival.
A report was made to the police and her husband was arrested. During interrogation, he admitted to assaulting the wife with his slippers.
The case has been adjourned to 12th April, 2021.
- Samuel Eto’o filmed brutally kneeing a man in the face after Brazil’s World Cup clash with South Korea
- Bank of Ghana upgrades one cedi coin
- Road toll to be collected electronically – Roads Minister
- Photos: Volta Regional NPP Secretary ties knot with Deputy Women’s Organiser
- We reject debt exchange programme; it will destroy savings of Ghanaians – Pensions Chamber
- Parliament approves 2023 Budget and Economic Policy
- Government might have over-borrowed – John Kumah admits
- Presidents must have courage to reshuffle their ministers – Kufuor
- GMA rejects debt exchange programme
- You are on your own – John Kumah tells bondholders who reject debt exchange programme
- Today’s front pages: Wednesday, December 7, 2022
- Pele: Brazil great’s condition ‘improving’ in hospital, say doctors
- World Cup 2022: Samuel Eto’o apologises after altercation with man in Qatar
- World Cup 2022: ‘Cristiano Ronaldo reduced to role of superstar nobody wants’
- Morocco King congratulates national team for historic qualification to World Cup quarterfinals
- Indonesia’s new sex laws and what they could mean for tourism
- Akufo-Addo commissions road bridge at Afienya
- e-Crime Bureau awarded for a decade of impact in cyber security
- People envy my wealth – Nigerian presidential hopeful Tinubu
- Felicia Osei: Why Ebo Whyte’s latest play, “Husband Material” is a must watch
- Tinubu criticised after facing questions in London
- Spain’s former King Juan Carlos wins partial immunity in ex-lover case
- Cristina Fernández: Argentina vice-president found guilty of corruption
- Tema residents to experience 48-hour disruption in water supply
- Cyril Ramaphosa: How Arthur Fraser landed South Africa’s president in trouble