Presidential Candidate of the Convention People Party (CPP) has promised to make healthcare and education free of any charges for persons with disabilities if the party is given the mandate on December 7.
In addition, Ivor Kobina Greenstreet said transportation will also be free for the disabled when he addressed some party faithful in the Northern Region on Thursday.
He said a law will be passed to ensure that at least 5 percent of employees both in public and private companies are persons with disabilities.
To make this possible, Mr Greenstreet promised that a CPP government will invest in enrolling them in skills training programmes.
Mahama in Upper West
The candidate of the National Democratic Congress (NDC), President John Dramani Mahama is expected to be in the Upper West region, to commission a renovated airstrip.
Dozens of party supporters are gathered at the Wa Airstrip as at midday awaiting his arrival, according to Joy News' Rafiq Salam.
"The President is expected to meet chiefs, opinion leaders, and leaders of the NDC as well as hold rallies in some communities, " the reporter said.
Akufo Addo in Fanteakwa South
Down, South, the New Patriotic Party's (NPP) Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo was in Osino in the Fanteakwa South Constituency.
He promised to regularize illegal mining activities in the area to ensure due processes are followed to protect the environment, Maxwell Kudekor has reported.
- Fact-check: Did the NPP promise to build a harbour in Cape Coast?
- ‘I never promised to build a harbour in Cape Coast’ – Akufo-Addo
- ‘God says we should sing a new song’ not plagiarise – Cindy Thompson to take legal actions against offenders
- Visa refusal for MPs supporting anti-LGBTQ+ Bill should prompt them to develop the country – Adusei Poku
- A flimsy excuse should not be given for denial of a visa to MPs – Sam George calls out Netherlands Ambassador
- Funny Face threatens to kill his baby mama and commit suicide
- NDC must pass Vote of No Confidence on Mahama – Atta Akyea on 1 million secret ballots claim
- Komenda Sugar Factory: Mahama constructed roof before building foundation – Akufo-Addo
- ‘I’m on the run until this country shows me there are laws’ – Shatta Wale
- I lied because people were associating me with politics – Cindy Thompson on ‘Awurade Kasa’
Jude Bellingham: The teenager at the forefront of England’s future
Tributes pour in for former US secretary Colin Powell
‘Krom ay3she, scrap taxes on fuel’- NDC to Akufo-Addo
Soldiers demanded ¢50k to embark on coup – Witness
England given one-match stadium ban following unrest at Euro 2020 final
Law students to demonstrate on Oct. 20 over entrance exams fiasco
Kwasi Obeng-Fosu: Responses to NDC Press Conference on rising fuel prices
Securing a clean and inclusive energy transition
‘I’m on the run until this country shows me there are laws’ – Shatta Wale
Explainer: What is the “metaverse”?
Today’s front pages: Tuesday, October 19, 2021
Government to commission 4 new vehicle assembling plants soon
Fuel price hike: ‘We’re heading for the worst Christmas ever’ – Sammy Gyamfi
Akufo-Addo’s denial of promising Cape Coast a harbour is shocking – Abeiku Adams
Commissioning of Komenda Sugar Factory was done in a haste – Deputy Trade Minister