The Managing Director of Consolidated Bank Ghana Limited (CBG), Daniel Wilson Addo, has met with British Prime Minister Boris Johnson, at No.10 Downing Street in England.
This is ahead of the Commonwealth Business Forum (CBF 2022) scheduled for Rwanda later this month.
The meeting was organised by the Commonwealth Enterprise and Investment Council (CWEIC) to launch CBF 2022.
Mr Addo, a member of the Global Advisory Council of CWEIC, indicated that it was critical for CWEIC to meet and align with the Prime Minister on the expected outcomes from the forum.
As part of a one-on-one brief with the Prime Minister, Mr Addo spoke about the relevance of the Commonwealth and the opportunity available for its members to leverage its global presence to facilitate and foster trade and investments.
He also spoke about the AFCTA, its potential to accelerate Intra-African trade, and CBG’s strategic focus on facilitating trade in West Africa.
The CWEIC meetings are highly patronised by the 54 countries that make up the Commonwealth including the United Kingdom.
The 2018 edition was a three-day event with more than 40 individual sessions in three iconic London locations.
Thousand four hundred participants from 80 nations took part representing businesses, regulators, trade and investment promotion bodies, and governments.
- Celebrities, luxury cars flood social media as Kwame Despite sparks reaction with birthday
- Father and daughter die in a gory accident at Ejisu-Onwe
- New Jersey Councilwoman Eunice Dwumfour shot dead outside home in ‘despicable criminal act’
- Women have been misled about menopause says New York Times
- I couldn’t attend PRESEC-Legon because our cocoa farm got burnt – Seth Terkper
- Bodies of 10 civilians allegedly killed by soldiers released to families for burial
- There is no biometric record of Victor Kusi Boateng in our database – NIA tells Ablakwa
- ‘I am a fixer, not a talker’ – Dr Osei Adutwum tells critics
- Military officers rescue NEDCo staff locked up for disconnecting UDS from power supply
- It is unreasonable for Opuni’s case to drag on for 6 years – Attorney General
- We have a concerted approach for investment facilitation in Ghana – GIPC’s Deputy CEO
- Livestream: PM Express discusses the revised debt exchange programme
- Teachers from 48 schools undergo CHAG’s HIV, TB training
- Insecurity in relationships and how to handle it
- Bright Simons: Will a global circular economy help or hurt Africa?
- Businessman to construct bridges to connect cut off Lawoshime community to Keta
- Bawku is a complete war zone – Security analyst
- Include us in Traditional Council Affairs – Buipe Queen Mothers
- Andre Ayew explains decision to join Nottingham Forest
- Kylian Mbappe: Paris St-Germain striker to miss Champions League tie with injury
- Andre Ayew joins Nottingham Forest after Al Sadd departure
- Okaikwei South MP supports 200 students in Constituency
- Peru grows 6,000 different types of potatoes – Peruvian Ambassador to Ghana
- NIA’s statement affirms issuing Ghana Card in the name of Kwabena Adu Gyamfi – Ablakwa
- Illegal mining: Government to reclaim five thousand hectares of land destroyed by Galamsey