The Centre for Social Justice (CSJ) has called on government to improve upon Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) to enhance quality and adherence to industry standards.
In a press release, the group indicated that government must “elevate its touted commitments to TVET beyond the provision of classrooms to an extensive focus on well-equipped workshops.”
The release comes as a response to President Akufo-Addo’s State of Nation Address (SONA) delivered on Parliament on Tuesday, March 9, 2021 on Education.
According to the group, although some progress has been made in the sector for the last years, they believe revising the system will help address some of the challenges TVET is facing.
The release also proposed “that a percentage of the government’s vocational and technical contracts be awarded to TVET institutions to enable trainees to undertake full-scale industrial production whiles generating revenue for the institutions.”
CSJ also called on government to consider an increase in Students loan amount for all Tertiary students who are in need.
“The loan amount as the current average of ¢2500 per student per academic year is woefully inadequate to cover tertiary education costs,” the statement said.
- 3 ECG employees charged for stealing ¢2.1m prepaid credits
- Yul Edochie and wife May lose first son
- No one from Ghana’s film industry approached me while I was here – Spike Lee
- Martin Amidu on Anas: ‘Genuine anti-corruption crusaders don’t hide behind masks’
- Power outages imminent as Ghana Gas shuts down Atuabo gas processing plant from April 1
- Davido confirms he’s married to Chioma
- Parliamentary committee recommends passage of controversial Anti-LGBTQ bill
- Ambulance case: Court orders Ato Forson to open defence
- Political appointees at Presidency increases to 361
- Ashanti NDC refutes allegations of wearing military uniforms on campaign tour
- Beige Bank collapse: Witness accuses Nyinaku of taking bank’s US$200,000 illegally
- Green Sports Academy wishes Isaac Dogboe well ahead of WBO featherweight title fight
- Dogboe v Ramirez – Dogboe’ s trainer chasing history
- Donald Trump indictment: Ex-US president to be charged over hush money
- WMO retires deadly cyclone Fiona and Ian from list of names
- 5 member committee investigating Kejetia Market fire starts with fact-finding mission
- UBA Ghana holds first quarter ‘Jogging To Bond’
- Playback: PM Express discuss how to restore capital market after DDEP
- Kuami Eugene offers budding musicians tips for Joy Prime’s ‘Cues & Lyrics’ audition
- Mercy Chinwo threatens musician with ₦2bn lawsuit after he used her name in song
- Mastercard Foundation Health Collaborative allocates $1 million for prospective entrepreneurs
- We’ll pay outstanding debt despite inheriting it – Electrochem
- Lawyer for Jonathan Majors shares alleged texts from woman involved in actor’s assault arrest
- Inaki is not scoring for Ghana because he plays with a No.10 who loves to score – Ignatius Osei Fosu
- Desist from gifting out cedi bouquets, hampers; it is illegal – BoG warns