Ghana’s Black Galaxies have been awarded three points for their final group C match against Morocco which was scheduled to be played on Monday, January 23, 2023, CAF has announced.
In its decision on the absence of the National Team of Morocco from Match number 5 of Group C against Sudan, the Organizing Committee announced that Sudan, Ghana & Madagascar will earn 3 points each in their matches against Morocco by 3-0 goal margins.
Below is the decision of the Organizing Committee:
The Organizing Committee of the African Nations Championship in its meeting held in Algiers on the 16th of January 2023 noted with regret the absence of the National Team of Morocco from Match number 5 of Group C between Morocco & Sudan in the frame of the group matches of the final tournament of CHAN2022.
The Committee reviewed the referee’s and commissioner’s reports and applied the following articles of the competition’s regulations, namely Articles 83 & 84.
The Committee decided that:
• The Moroccan National team will lose all its matches by 3-0.
• Sudan, Ghana & Madagascar will earn 3 points each in their matches against Morocco.
• At the end of the phase of the group matches, the 1st and 2nd classified teams from Group C will qualify for the next round of the competition.
• Match number 22: Sudan vs. Madagascar initially scheduled to be played in Oran has been moved to Constantine without any change in the date and kick-off time.
• To submit the case to CAF Disciplinary Committee for further examination.
- You dare not close down schools – Mahama tells Education Minister
- Goats ate seedlings planted under Green Ghana project because they were not protected – Environmentalist
- No one can unseat me as Tamale South MP – Haruna Iddrisu
- Nominees for 2023 Vodafone Ghana Music Awards
- Kunde, the religion that combines Christianity and Traditionalism
- Ghana has no system to register Mohammedan marriages – Dwomoh
- Haruna Iddrisu files nomination to contest Tamale South parliamentary primaries
- ECG disconnects Energy Ministry over debt
- ECG hasn’t disconnected our power; we run on prepaid metres – Energy Ministry’s Communications Specialist
- Artificial Intelligence applications can curb corruption – Dr Kpodar
- Ofori-Atta leaves for China for debt restructuring negotiations
- Top South African corruption investigator shot dead
- Police probe Prof Frimpong Boateng’s Jubilee House ‘galamsey’ allegations
- Arsenal 4-1 Crystal Palace: ‘Fearless Gunners have a beautiful attitude’ – Martin Keown analysis
- Ashman Oh Gee unveils new song titled ‘Prison Life’
- Pay attention to marketing and customer experience to sustain AfCFTA – Prof Hinson
- Today’s front pages: Monday, March 20, 2023
- Interest rates on falling spree; government T-bills oversubscribed by 40%
- GRA monitoring team recovers over ¢85m revenue shortfall
- Mahama to file nomination on March 21
- If you are unable to support underperforming schools, let someone else take over – Mahama to Adutwum
- Bayern loss leaves Dortmund on top of League
- Napoli thrash Torino as Inter lose to Juventus
- Indian Wells: Daniil Medvedev and Carlos Alcaraz through to final
- Antonio Conte criticises Tottenham Hotspur ownership and ‘selfish’ players