Chelsea have made Dusan Vlahovic their No. 1 target for the summer, making an €80 million offer for the Juventus striker, sources told ESPN.
Vlahovic, 23, arrived in Turin from Fiorentina in January 2022 for €81.6m and has three years left on his contract.
He has scored 23 goals in 62 games in all competitions for the Bianconeri but has failed to settle, due to coach Massimiliano Allegri’s defensive approach and the uncertainty over Champions League qualification next season for the club.
Juventus had a 15-point penalty suspended last month, lifting them up to third in Serie A and right in the mix for a spot in the Champions League.
The case has now been referred back to the soccer federation’s appeals court, and Juventus have been handed back the points pending the new trial.
The penalty was issued in January for false accounting.
With Vlahovic unhappy at Juve, Chelsea have seen an opportunity to attract a player they had targeted during his time at Fiorentina, while Juventus would consider a transfer for the Serbia international.
Incoming Chelsea manager Mauricio Pochettino has been told that a top No. 9 would be signed this summer.
Vlahovic, who is keen to move to Stamford Bridge, also has interest from Bayern Munich and Atletico Madrid.
- M.anifest joins father to celebrate his grandmother’s 98th birthday
- Supreme Court dismisses case against regulation of plant breeders
- Doctor fired for prescribing ice cream and video games to child with sore throat
- I’m sad presidency is at the forefront of doing unconstitutional things – Domelevo on Supreme Court ruling
- Archbishop Agyinasare’s comment can trigger security and peace instability – Security analyst
- Some OMCs start increasing fuel prices; Goil selling a litre of petrol, diesel for ¢12.45
- Barker-Vormawor refuses to state his plea as he is slapped with fresh Treason charges
- Gyakye Quayson to contest Assin North seat again in June 27 by-election
- Supreme Court ruling comes as a very big birthday present to me – Domelevo
- WAFU B Women’s U20 Cup: Ghana seal final spot with comeback win over Burkina Faso
- Adom FM, EndPoint Homeopathic Clinic offer free prostate screening exercise
- Adom FM launches ‘Sɛdeɛ Yɛka No Nie’ to promote accurate use of Akan language
- Ghanaians must protect gains made under constitutional rule – NCCE Director
- Adom FM launches ‘Dad Too Can Cook’ event ahead of Father’s Day celebration
- SIM card deactivation: Affected persons have the opportunity to re-register – Ken Ashigbey
- Music royalties at risk as GHAMRO’s operating license is withheld
- Moses OK opens up his music journey
- You’ll have access to your MoMo after restoration – Ken Ashigbey assures ‘blocked’ mobile users
- We’ve received over ¢119m in 3 years from Common Fund – NYA provides partial information to JoySports
- Rejoinder: Supreme Court dismisses land ownership claim by Teshie family
- Former DCE of Akatsi passes on
- Ghana defender Patric Pfeiffer signs for Augsburg until 2027
- Let’s work together for peace in Bawku – VP Bawumia
- SIM card deactivation: Affected persons throng service centres to secure cards
- How changes in the small-scale mining sector are impacting the environment