Singer Chris Brown tested positive for marijuana use and will have a probation violation hearing on Novermber 1, a judge ordered Monday.
Brown is on five years probation for a 2009 assault on his then-girlfriend, singer Rihanna. The positive test occurred in Virginia, Superior Court Judge Patricia Schnegg indicated during Monday’s hearing.
She said Brown, 23, had told authorities that he ingested the marijuana in California, where he has a medical marijuana card.
Brown lived in his hometown of Richmond, Virginia, while performing his court-ordered community service.
The judge gave Brown some advice before asking if his mother was present — she was — in the court.
“You are not only in the public eye, but you’re on probation. And you’re on probation to me which means that if you violate any laws or orders, then you’re subject to a probation violation,” she said. “So you’re not an ordinary person who just sits there and does what they want.”
Schnegg said the hearing will also determine if Brown violated the travel provisions of his probation. She ordered Brown to see his probation officer in the next three days.
Representatives for Brown didn’t immediately respond to CNN’s request for comment.
On Monday morning Rihanna tweeted: “I’m praying for you and wishing u the best today!” Brown responded, “Thank u so much.”
- M.anifest joins father to celebrate his grandmother’s 98th birthday
- Supreme Court dismisses case against regulation of plant breeders
- Doctor fired for prescribing ice cream and video games to child with sore throat
- I’m sad presidency is at the forefront of doing unconstitutional things – Domelevo on Supreme Court ruling
- Archbishop Agyinasare’s comment can trigger security and peace instability – Security analyst
- Some OMCs start increasing fuel prices; Goil selling a litre of petrol, diesel for ¢12.45
- Barker-Vormawor refuses to state his plea as he is slapped with fresh Treason charges
- Gyakye Quayson to contest Assin North seat again in June 27 by-election
- Supreme Court ruling comes as a very big birthday present to me – Domelevo
- WAFU B Women’s U20 Cup: Ghana seal final spot with comeback win over Burkina Faso
- 7 reported dead, several others injured in renewed Gonja – Mamprusi clash
- Joe Ghartey picks NPP presidential nomination form
- Adom FM, EndPoint Homeopathic Clinic offer free prostate screening exercise
- Adom FM launches ‘Sɛdeɛ Yɛka No Nie’ to promote accurate use of Akan language
- Ghanaians must protect gains made under constitutional rule – NCCE Director
- Adom FM launches ‘Dad Too Can Cook’ event ahead of Father’s Day celebration
- SIM card deactivation: Affected persons have the opportunity to re-register – Ken Ashigbey
- Music royalties at risk as GHAMRO’s operating license is withheld
- Moses OK opens up his music journey
- You’ll have access to your MoMo after restoration – Ken Ashigbey assures ‘blocked’ mobile users
- We’ve received over ¢119m in 3 years from Common Fund – NYA provides partial information to JoySports
- Rejoinder: Supreme Court dismisses land ownership claim by Teshie family
- Former DCE of Akatsi passes on
- Ghana defender Patric Pfeiffer signs for Augsburg until 2027
- Let’s work together for peace in Bawku – VP Bawumia