Ex-Ireland international, Chris Hughton, has been unveiled as Black Stars manager on a contract running till December 2024.
He steps up from his previous role as technical advisor, where he worked under then-head, Otto Addo and his team of assistants.
Hughton was announced as Black Stars’ boss in February 2023, a month after Otto Addo left the role following Ghana’s exit from the 2022 World Cup.
Joy Sports’ sources informed Hughton’s announcement as Black Stars head was done without any contract signed.
However, after the funeral of late Black Stars winger, Christian Atsu, the GFA and Hughton sorted out the paperwork involved in the deal.
The FA have revealed Hughton’s assistants; George Boateng and Didi Dramani, have both agreed to terms on the same contract Hughton signed.
More to follow…
- Supreme Court dismisses land ownership claim by Teshie family
- Cattle and sheep easier to control than Nigerians – Buhari
- Ghana branded ambulance found in Dubai in viral video not for sale – National Ambulance Service
- Independent Power Producers reject government bid to restructure $1.58bn debt
- Attorney General asks Speaker to declare Assin North seat vacant
- T-bills auction: Government fails to meet target again; interest rates still surging
- I didn’t insult you – Mahama responds to Nana Akomea
- Legon Cities drag Hearts of Oak into relegation dogfight
- Let’s unite to remove E-levy, Covid-19 levy – Ablakwa urges MPs
- IMF deal: Government to reduce public sector compensations by 0.5%
- Pita Limjaroenrat: Thai election upstart who vows to be different
- Uganda’s President Museveni approves tough new anti-gay law
- Beyoncé’s Renaissance tour: An intergalactic explosion of fun
- Group calls for help to save Keta Kɔlebu Market
- 10 signs you’re in a toxic relationship with your job
- If these 5 things are happening, your relationship is already over
- Men who smile at women are sexist, says Science
- The IMF programme has been designed with an extension in mind – Prof Bokpin
- IMF deal: There is a lot of pain; government must first calm the market – Prof Bokpin
- Government should have called a national meeting before announcing 0.5% compensation reduction -Labour expert
- Hohoe gets new ultra modern market, traders commend Municipal Assembly
- GIZ support: Over 400 young entrepreneurs receive startup tools to build and grow their business
- Otumfuo destools chief of Asante’s famous Antoa town
- From Eric’s Diary: A scammer’s hi
- Menstrual hygiene: NDC Volta Regional Women’s Wing distributes pads to Ketasco girls