Chrissy Teigen has revealed that she is undergoing in vitro fertilization (IVF) again more than a year after losing her son Jack just 20 weeks into her third pregnancy.
Teigen and husband John Legend, 43, previously conceived daughter Luna, 5, and son Miles, 3, via IVF.
On Saturday, the 36-year-old cookbook author told fans on Instagram that she’s taking shots to stimulate her egg development in hopes of creating “some strong, healthy embryos.”
Sharing a photo of herself doing what appear to be Pilates stretches, Teigen added that the shots have left her feeling bloated, which in turn has prompted some unsolicited speculation about her body and any possible pregnancy. It’s speculation that Teigen would like to stop – and not just for herself.
“The bloating is a bitch, so I humbly beg you to stop asking if I’m pregnant because while I know it’s said with excited, good intentions, it just kind of sucks to hear because I am the opposite of pregnant!” she wrote.
She went on to urge her followers to “please stop asking people, anyone, if they’re pregnant,” adding, “I’d rather be the one to tell you and not some poor woman who will look you in the eyes through tears.” Her message echoed her 2019 response to a commenter who asked if she had a “baby bump.”
“I know you didn’t mean it to be rude but think twice about asking this, there are people who have trouble conceiving and it hurts every time,” Teigen wrote back. “I’m not pregnant but would be happy if I were. But I’m also happy not to be.”
Teigen also shared that she “honestly [doesn’t] mind” taking shots ahead of her egg retrieval, but did not disclose whether she would carry the pregnancy herself, or use a gestational surrogate. Following her partial placenta abruption with Jack in September 2020, the model had indicated that she would not be pregnant again.
“I love being pregnant, so so much, and I’m sad I never will be again,” she wrote that December. “But I am lucky to have two amazing little ones who are transforming into big little people more and more every single day.”
The newly sober star has been candid about her and Legend’s past struggles to conceive, which ultimately saw the couple pursuing IVF to conceive their two oldest children.
- 16 feared dead, over 40 injured in Gomoa Okyereko accident on Accra-Cape Coast highway
- Supreme Court ‘cautions and discharges’ NDC’s Kpessa Whyte after convicting him for contempt
- Pressure mounts on cedi; loses 9% in value to dollar last week
- Nigeria: Hilton Hotel owner, two workers sentenced to death for murder of student
- Bawumia picks NPP flagbearer nomination form
- AFCON 2023Q: Nuamah included, Sowah dropped as Hughton names Ghana squad to face Madagascar
- Parliament writes to EC, declares Assin North seat vacant
- 2023 U23 AFCON: Kamaldeen Sulemana to be called up to Black Meteors squad for tournament
- Learn your trade, don’t force a move from Ajax – Liverpool legend advises Ghana star Mohammed Kudus
- Resign and concentrate on your health; Ahanta West needs development – NDC tells Kojo Kum
- Government must engage labour on IMF deal – Austin Gamey
- Permit service personnel to teach you fire preventive measures – ADO2 Nartey
- We have burden-shared enough, government needs to show commitment – GRNMA
- Arrest made in killing of New Jersey council woman Eunice Dwumfour
- Government should brace itself for a possible showdown should it attempt salary reduction – GRNMA
- Fire burns Madina-Ritz junction again
- UCC’s Prof David Teye Doku named best Social Sciences and Humanities Scientist in Ghana
- Prof Gyampo slams Akufo-Addo over presidency’s request for CVs of senior EC officials
- Petrol, diesel prices to stay same; LPG to go down 5% – IES
- Prudential Life Insurance targets informal sector with ‘Mekakrawa’ insurance policy
- STEM education: Afia Kobi SHS students build model aircraft to aid maritime surveillance
- Cigar smoked by Sir Winston Churchill nearly 80 years ago up for auction
- Bofoakwa Tano seal Ghana Premier League return after beating Eleven Wonders on penalties
- National Cathedral: We need $100m to import steel for work to proceed – Dr Opoku Mensah
- Black Stars face USA in friendly on October 17