The Coastal Development Authority (CODA) under the $1 million per constituency initiative has commissioned four school projects in three constituencies in the Central Region to augment the educational projects being constructed by the government.
The projects commissioned include; a 2-unit kindergarten block with ancillary facilities at Edukrom in the Agona West constituency; a 6-unit classroom block with ancillary facilities at Osedzi in the Ajumako Enyan Essiam constituency; a 3-unit classroom block with ancillary facilities at Breku in the Assin North constituency; 3-unit classroom block with ancillary facilities in the Assin North constituency.
The Chief Executive of CODA, Jerry Ahmed Shaib in his speech explained that the projects are being funded under the Infrastructure for Poverty Eradication Programme (IPEP).
He further disclosed that there are several educational projects being constructed within the Coastal Development zone and would be commissioned soon.
He advised parents to ensure that they invest in their children’s education since that is the only way to empower them for a better future.
According to him, most developed countries such as Malaysia, Singapore, and South Korea, have come this far, in terms of development, due to their committed efforts in investing in the education sector.
The Member of Parliament for Agona West Constituency, Cynthia Mamle Morrison thanked the President for the good initiative in establishing the Development Authorities.
According to her, the Coastal Development Authority has bridged the development gap by completing several projects in the region with others ongoing.
She also showed appreciation to the chiefs and people of the communities for their support and commitment to the development agenda.
She further appealed to the teachers and authorities of the schools to manage the facilities well to encourage CODA and the government to bring more projects to their doorstep.
- Rwanda suspends coach for Black Queens are “like men” comment after 7-0 demolition
- Must it take you 2 years to publish alleged $1m bribery audio? – Barker-Vormawor’s integrity questioned
- Cecilia Dapaah case: Asking Special Prosecutor to quit over ‘frustrations’ wrong – Domelevo
- Cecilia Dapaah case: Current Assets Declaration Law is a joke – Domelovo
- Africa World Airlines marks 11th anniversary with exciting passenger rewards and expansion drive
- #OccupyJulorbiHouse: Roads blocked as protesters march towards Jubilee House
- Cedi remains relatively stable since February 2023; Y-T-D depreciation to dollar stands at 22.5%
- LaLiga: Barcelona beat Celta Vigo after dramatic comeback
- Premier League: Calvert-Lewin helps Everton end winless start against Brentford
- Premier League: Ten-man Man City beat Nottingham Forest despite Rodri red card
- Ghanaian musicians die paupers; GHAMRO, MUSIGA are a mess – D-Black
- #OccupyJulorbiHouse: Policeman sits on the floor to plead with demonstrators to unblock roads
- Cecilia Dapaah case: Let’s tread cautiously as investigations continue – Domelevo
- UEFA awards Mohammed Kudus’ second goal to him after initially declaring it own goal against Backa Topola
- Cecilia Dapaah case: People must guard against contempt in commentary – Gary Nimako