The President, Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo, on Tuesday, January 28, 2020, commissioned and presented 307 new, state-of-the-art ambulances to the National Ambulance Service.
This is in fulfilment of his 2016 campaign pledge of providing each of the 275 constituencies with an ambulance.
Below are photos from the commissioning ceremony which took place at The Black Star Square in Accra.
Also present was, from (L) to (R); National Chairman of the NPP, Freddie Blay; Health Minister, Kwaku Agyemang-Manu; and Vice President of Ghana, Dr. Mahamudu Bawumia.
The Chief Executive Officer of the National Ambulance Service, Dr Professor Ahmed Nuhu Zakariah was also present at the ceremony to witness the release of the medical assitant vehicles.
Nurses of the Ghana Health Service also attended to witness the release of the ambulances.
- Overborrowing is one of Akufo-Addo’s biggest mistakes – Prof Adei
- ‘Western Togoland’: 5 secessionists handed 5 years in jail each
- GALLERY: Best pictures from Black Stars training at Accra Sports Stadium on Monday
- Go to school, don’t wait to get everything on your prospectus – Education Minister to SHS freshers
- We are one people – Bawumia and Mahama laud peaceful enskinment of new Yagbonwura
- Your electricity bill does not have a party colour – ECG MD
- Akufo-Addo is packing EC with known NPP members – Kofi Adams
- John Mahama files nomination to contest NDC flagbearer race
- GNFS expresses reservation over reopening of Kejetia Market
- AFCON 2023Q: Goalpost collapses and injures Wollacott in training
- Fifi Folson making Gospel funky on Joy FM
- EIU revises global growth forecast for 2023 to 2%
- Actor Mawuli Gavor and wife expecting first child
- Growth and Sustainability Levy breaches petroleum agreement, could trigger ligation – Petroleum Chamber
- IMF bailout to depend on government’s ability to achieve 55% of debt to GDP – Fitch
- Lamisi honoured in Netherlands for promoting Ghanaian culture
- Fitch upgrades Ghana’s rating to ‘CCC’
- JessiEmma releases ‘Amazing Grace’, a love song to God
- Producer Price Inflation falls to 50.8% in February 2023
- Debt Exchange: Insurers to re-strategise to avert threats to prompt payment of claims
- Shatta Wale gives conditions for return to VGMA
- Heeding Mahama’s advice would have prevented us from going to IMF on a stretcher – Sammy Gyamfi to Akufo-Addo
- “Consider cocoa pricing in your legislation”- COCOBOD Chief tells EU
- Former Black Stars player Emmanuel Oblitey dies at 69
- Mahama to speak on transparent financing of political campaigns today