The Municipal Chief Executive nominee for the Obuasi Municipal Assembly, Elijah Adansi-Bonah, has been confirmed by assembly members.
Mr Adansi-Bonah polled 28 votes out of the 28 ballots cast on the day – representing 100 percent endorsement.
In his victory speech, Mr Elijah Adansi- Bonah who could not hide his joy expressed delight over his election and thanked the Assembly members for reposing confidence in him.
“I am overwhelmed with the confidence reposed in me. Though it has not been an easy battle, it has been a battle of confidence, hope and hard work. That is what has brought me this victory”.
This will be his second term as the MCE for the area.
Expectations are rife to ensure the economic empowerment of the youth, especially in the Obuasi Municipality.
Mr Adansi-Bonah has therefore revealed plans to establish what will become an Obuasi Artisanal Hub where mechanics and other artisans can operate and serve the Obuasi and Adansi enclave.
One hundred garages according to the plan will start operating at New Biakoyeden which has been designated for the project.
“Now, everything has been put in place to prepare the site at New Biakoyede. We are expected to move the garages there soon,” Adansi-Bonah said after the elections.
The initiative is expected to create employment and support the expansion of the local economy.
An Obuasi Recreational Facility is in the offing, according to the newly confirmed MCE.
Mr Adansi-Bonah says this facility will be modeled after the famous Kumasi Rotary Park which has become a revenue-generating avenue for the Kumasi Metropolis.
“…the land for the Recreational center has been acquired whiles other issues are being fine-tuned to ensure that the Assembly is able to put up the facility which is expected to bring revenue to the Assembly.”
He acknowledged that this, together with the Artisanal Site are the two important projects critical for his second term as MCE.
Speaking to the media, Mr Adansi-Bonah said the 100 percent votes puts huge responsibilities on his shoulders to deliver without any excuse.
He said, “In situations like this when the people you work with repose such confidence in you, it only places a lot of responsibilities on you to work extra hard to bring development to the people you serve. This is exactly what I will do”.
He appealed to assembly members, traditional leaders and other stakeholders to support him.
The NPP Ashanti Regional Women’s Organiser represented the Ashanti Regional Minister in Obuasi.
Nana Ama Ampomah said what transpired confirms the unity that exists among the Assembly members and their resolve to prioritize the development of Obuasi.
Elijah Adansi-Bonah was first confirmed as MCE for Obuasi on 4th May, 2017.
- Patients in danger as nurses head for NHS in UK – medics
- NDC punches holes into Supreme Court’s full judgement on Gyakye Quayson
- We won’t withhold our approval of Chief Justice nominee – Minority backs Gertrude Torkornoo
- Assin North By-election: Who has the edge – An analysis
- Presidential staffer declares support for Alan Kyerematen
- Our decision on Justice Torkonoo will be known after we peruse full judgement on Gyakye Quayson – Agbodza
- Midwife delivers baby in speeding commercial vehicle
- If you have God, you have everything, you lose God and lose everything –Justice Jones Dotse
- Domelevo sings: Read English translation of his cryptic song
- Our June 30th ultimatum still remains – IPPs remind government
- Controversy comes with the job – World Bank Country rep replies NDC
- Speaker’s SIM card deactivated despite re-registration in Parliament – Sam George
- Europa Conference League final: West Ham boss David Moyes says ‘best is yet to come’
- AngloGold Ashanti rolls out plastic waste management programme
- Technical director Paolo Maldini sacked by AC Milan
- French Open 2023: Djokovic beats Khachanov to reach semi-finals
- ‘You’re yet to be confirmed’- Kyei Mensah-Bonsu tells Ato Forson in ‘clash’ over Assin North by-election
- Gonorrhoea and syphilis sex infections reach record levels in England
- ‘People tried to bring a wedge between me and Anin-Yeboah’ – Justice Jones Dotse
- NSMQ 2023: Fijai SHS shines bright, secures spot in Nationals with stellar performance
- Nogokpo: ‘The energies of the land will act’ if Agyinasare defies 14-day ultimatum – Nogokpo spokesperson
- NSMQ 2023: St Mary’s Boys SHS beat Shama SHS to secure National championship spot
- Nogokpo vs Agyinasare: National Peace Council calls for calm
- ‘Ducking hell’ to disappear from Apple autocorrect
- ‘Chemical mango’ video is fake – Federation of Associations of Ghanaian Exporters clears air