The Wa Circuit Court has granted bail to three suspects arrested in connection with the flogging of two love birds.
The suspects were asked to reappear on June 13, 2022.
They were granted bail in the sum of GHC3,000 and five different sureties and are to report to the Police anytime they are needed.
The three are; 70-year-old driver, Naa Issahaku Mahama, 62-year-old farmer, Naa Sidiki Osman and 32-year-old mobile phone repairer, Bushran Kidiri.
Prosecuting Police Detective Sergeant, Martin Dugbatse prayed the Court to keep the three accused persons in custody, because the prime suspect, Naa Adam Seidu Pelpuo, had not been apprehended.
According to him, releasing them on bail could interfere with Police investigation since some of the suspects are at large.
However, the Presiding Judge, Jonathan Avugo did not grant the wish of the prosecutor. He argued that since the three suspects are not the persons who committed the act, there is no need in keeping them in custody hence the bail.
- Police arrest man flogging toddler in viral video
- ‘Akufo-Addo must resign; he’s giving us too much headache’ – Kpebu
- Loans to become more expensive as BoG hikes policy rate to 24.5%
- Nigerian oil export terminal had theft line into sea for 9 years
- Brother stands in as groom skips wedding to train
- Nigerian singer Teni gifts SHS teacher a car
- BoG dollar auction: Demand outstrips supply by $72.2m as $1 hits ¢10.92
- Social media users impressed with Black Sherif’s ‘The Villain I Never Was’
- Government using IMF as smokescreen to force its ‘austerity budget’ on Ghanaians – Martin Amidu
- ‘Forget about votes; call Chairman Wontumi to account’ – Martin Kpebu to Akufo-Addo
- There is too much uncertainty in the business environment – Twum Akwaboah
- Deputy Energy Minister, Amin Adam, appointed Board Chairman of global oil’s New Producers Group
- Increasing monetary policy rate will not reduce inflation – Badu Aboagye
- Austerity is bad for economic growth – Prof. Charles Ackah
- The Central Bank’s policy is wrong headed – Prof. Charles Ackah
- Akosua Agyapong eulogises mom
- ‘Horrible and terrible’ – German Ambassador on illegal mining
- My vehicle was set ablaze on Samatex premises – Wontumi alleges
- FDA concurs with WHO’s caution against four substandard paediatric medicines found in The Gambia
- Livestream: PM Express business edition discusses impact of policy rate on businesses
- Gertrude Agyemang: Customer Service Week and the ECG prepaid meter challenge
- NDC has no evidence to prove my involvement in ‘galamsey’ – Ellembelle DCE
- KNUST students develop cost-effective instrument to measure temperature and light energy from the sun
- MP has been a challenge in fight against ‘galamsey’ in my district – Ellembelle DCE
- 2 women in court over alleged assault on Besease M/A JHS teacher